carboy cleaner / keg cleaner / beer line cleaner! - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Cleaners & Cleaning > carboy cleaner / keg cleaner / beer line cleaner!

Old 04-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
brewmasterorr
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Portland, Oregon
Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

So I found another use for my Carboy/Keg cleaner and tried it out last night and it worked great! The only issue I had was a small drip from the swivel on the beer line to the adapter due to the fact that it does not have any kind of rubber seal when I am just hooking them up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	blc4.jpg
Views:	1359
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	23602   Click image for larger version

Name:	blc.jpg
Views:	1312
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	23603   Click image for larger version

Name:	blc5.jpg
Views:	1306
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	23604   Click image for larger version

Name:	blc3.jpg
Views:	1249
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	23605   Click image for larger version

Name:	blc6.jpg
Views:	1270
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	23606  

Old 04-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
kpr121

Recipes 

Jul 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 127 Times on 111 Posts

What exactly are you doing here? Cleaning beer lines?

Old 04-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
brewmasterorr

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Portland, Oregon

I guess I should have put something about that......

I put hot PBW in the bucket and hooked it up to the pump and out the pump into the beer lines to clean them and pump back to the bucket. So yeah I was cleaning the lines. I rinsed and sanitized the same way.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
trigger

Recipes 

Aug 2010
portland
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

So you're the reason silicon tubing is so expensive. Just kidding. Nice repurposing! Makes me think...
The power to tax, once conceded, has no limits; it contains until it destroys. I was not joking when I told them to dig into their own pouches. It may not be possible to do away with government — sometimes I think that government is an inescapable disease of human beings. But it may be possible to keep it small and starved and inoffensive — and can you think of a better way than by requiring the governors themselves to pay the costs of their antisocial hobby?

R. A. Heinlein

Old 04-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #5
brewmasterorr

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Portland, Oregon

I actually bought some tubing and they sent me the wrong length (too small) so they re-sent me the correct length I ordered.....so I have a good amount of extra tubing now But I would not have bought it just for this purpose but it does go onto the perlick quite well.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:20 AM   #6
peterlonz
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Gold Coast City, Qld
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

"Hot PBW" - that's not exactly specific?
I have some PBW & it has no declaration of the contents & does not mention temperature except to specify 100 - 160 F (about 60C for the enlightened) which is nowhere near sufficient to achieve sanitation by temperature exposure.
Apparently the item to be cleaned & sanitised should be exposed for 25 mins. So how do you do this - fill every keg????
If the PBW is caustic based this is potentially dangerous but no warnings are provided.
I doubt this stuff would meet labelling requirements in any civilised country.
BTW most of the world went metric before the end of the 70's. My kids do not know what an once or gallon is.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 PM   #7
TexasWine

Recipes 

Apr 2013
Houston, Tejas
Liked 454 Times on 355 Posts

Zombie thread, back from the dead

Old 05-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #8
brewmasterorr

Recipes 

Aug 2009
Portland, Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlonz View Post
I have some PBW & it has no declaration of the contents & does not mention temperature except to specify 100 - 160 F (about 60C for the enlightened) which is nowhere near sufficient to achieve sanitation by temperature exposure.
Apparently the item to be cleaned & sanitised should be exposed for 25 mins. So how do you do this - fill every keg????
If the PBW is caustic based this is potentially dangerous but no warnings are provided.
BTW most of the world went metric before the end of the 70's. My kids do not know what an once or gallon is.
Not sure of the motive with the condescending tone. I grew up in America so sorry if I did not convert to metric for you. PBW is the cleaner. I use a sanitizer after the lines are clean. I am not cleaning kegs just the taps and lines. We are home brewers... relax and have a home brew.

Jeff

Old 05-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #9
jddevinn
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Concord, North Carolina
Liked 262 Times on 186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlonz View Post
Neither do I!!! What is this once??? ...... and I actually don't see any English units in this thread at all (other than you)

Old 05-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #10
BeardedBrews
Recipes 

May 2015
Tacoma, Washington
Liked 249 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddevinn View Post
One in a stream of zombie threads revived recently @TexasWine.

I went hunting for past posts and saw that @jddevinn is already on the case

In regards to @peterlonz, you, sir, are a troll. I would also argue that there are quite a few things present in Australia that are not generally tolerated in the rest of the civilized world. You've got baby-eating-dingos down there for goodness sake!

My 240v eBIAB Keg
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=550270