Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Law: "While Brewing, Drink Beer"

Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #41
mjdonnelly68
Always drinking - never drunk.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 156 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I don't drink while I brew but often brew while I'm drinking.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #42
Blue-Wolf
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have a 'couple' of my home brews when I am Brewing, racking, bottling, or even drinking my home brews.

I find that enjoying one of mine while I am brewing can sometimes cause me to wonder how I can possibly improve my next batch.

Brews of the past - BH American Premium, Canadian Blonde, Oktoberfest, American Classic Light

Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #43
Frige
Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Most times just one pint but, last brew a couple of friends came over we made bbq and tried to empty the keg. What a mess, left the fly sparge going to long ended up with 8 gals in the bk. Boiled it down till I ran out of propane but still had 6 gals. Poured in some corn sugar, half a jar of honey and a pint of molasses I had laying around and got the og up too 1.056. I was aiming for 1.060 Forgot to aerate. Over-pitched the yeast and woke up with a big head ache and a mess. Think I will chill a little next brew...
I hope the beer turns out ok I have 6 gallons of it. LOL

Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #44
phenry
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I get up early enough to usually be pitching the yeast between 9 and 10am, so I wait until the wort is cooling before I have my obligatory beer. I tried the whole smash a bottle on the fermenter like they do for ships deal instead of having a pint before noon, but that just ended up with a big mess in my basement. Just drinking it instead is much cleaner.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #45
dryboroughbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 4

mostly I just drink coffee, I find myself brewing very late at night recently and I'm just too bloody tired to have a beer.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #46
neophilus
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

I don't drink while I brew, a six hour brewday that starts in the AM leaves me wiped out by the time I am cleaning the last pot or bucket. Then I'm usually obligated to put in some family time in the evening since I can't deal with distractions when I brew.

If I was single, had all day and hanging out with a buddy it would be different though.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #47
Pilgarlic
Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Brew day starts at 6 am and ends well before noon for two reasons: i) saves most of the day for other weekend activities and ii) pretty much precludes drinking while brewing, which, for me, translates to better beer.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
Glynn
Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Am i breaking the law by waiting until i am done, i dont thing my swmbo would aprove of me drinking at 8:30 am

Naughty Kitty Brewing EST 1993
Primary 1 - Saison
Primary 2 - Centennial IPA
Primary 3 -
Secondary 1 -
Secondary 2 -
Bottled - Nogginfogger DIPA, Feral Red Ale

Old 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #49
tambrosi
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

This was my main question while brewing my first batch three weeks ago. I say it should be mandatory!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #50
unionrdr
struggling author

Recipes 

Liked 3024 Times on 2606 Posts
Likes Given: 2137

I don't like to drink during a brew day That starts mid-morning to clean & sanitize stuff one more time before using. Darn pets & flies. Ends in the evening,though sometimes I get a late start. By the time I'm done,I'm ready for a few. I like to be clear headed when I'm brewing anyway.