Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > DC Area - Home Brewer Match Up III at Meridian Pint

Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
apk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default DC Area - Home Brewer Match Up III at Meridian Pint

Hey all,

Kind of a lurker on the forum, but I saw this and wondered if anyone was entering or planning to taste. Might be a chance to meet a few of the local folks.

Time: Tuesday, May 31 6:00pm - 8:00pm
additional information: http://www.facebook.com/?sk=inbox&re...11644835584398

Home brewers will be able to set-up stands in the Joint Chiefs (bottom floor of the Pint) free of charge patrons will be able to sample the homebrews at no cost from 6-8 PM (participants must arrive at 5:00 PM to set up).

Meridian Pint staff and other official judges will grade each of the home brews and the entry with the highest total score will win its creator a $100 Pint gift card (The 6 winners in 2011 will also square-off in a final showdown for a grand prize). We are capping the number of entrants at 25 so register soon by emailing Sam at Beer@MeridianPint.com.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
GinAndCoffee
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yep! I'll be there - brewing a black wit with sassafras! How bout you?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
apk
Recipes 

I was planning to swing by and sample some of the beers and meet some of the brewers. I'll be sure to say hi!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I may just have to take the late train home that day. I have some Belgian Golden Strong in 750ml bottles that I'd like people's opinions of.

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Reason: spellnig

Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 PM   #5
Sheldon
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 30

JetSmooth, if we do get together, I would like to swap one of ur Belgian Strong's for one of my Abt 12's. I took 3rd prize at the last BURP (local DC/VA/MD brew club) meeting.

I may try to get there if I can convince my son to let me stay over at his place for the nite (no real late bus out to the burbs).

Sheldon

Old 04-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #6
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Yeah. That'd be cool. I e-mailed them to see how formal this event is going to be.

I like my BGSA, but I wouldn't say it's really compettition-worthy. Since Meridian Pint is particularly a Belgian beer place, I'm expecting they can critique and givng me some great input.

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.