Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pilsen DME and DMS
Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pilsen DME and DMS

So I'm an idiot and accidentally ordered Pilsen DME instead of light DME to use in my starters. Do I have to worry about any DMS problems?

Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Liked 2912 Times on 1715 Posts
Likes Given: 3535

You really shouldn't since it's extract and it was boiled at the maltser, so any dms precursors SHOULD be boiled off already. BUT if you want to be sure factor in a 90 minute boil, like we do with AG. But it should be gone. It won't hurt anything.
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
Liked 232 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 565

Never had a problem at all with Pilsen DME. I've used it in several batches so far and all came out great. I think the whole Pilsen DME thing is a total myth.