Banjo BG-14 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Banjo BG-14

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
FoundersBrew
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Rockwall, TX
Posts: 218
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts



I have a small burner on a turkey fryer and was looking to upgrade to Banjo BG-14; anyone thoughts on this burner? Also, what regulator should I purchase for it?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
BendBrewer
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Bend, Oregon
Posts: 3,134
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts


Are you just going to get the burner or the burner and stand?
__________________
CarPort Brewery
JCMAC Farms Garden

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
FoundersBrew
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Rockwall, TX
Posts: 218
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBrewer
Are you just going to get the burner or the burner and stand?
Just the burner, I have a stand that I think will work.

I did my first all grain a couple of weeks ago and the burner I have took forever, it was so slow, I used my weed burner to assist. I want to do another batch,but, not until I address this issue.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
BendBrewer
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Bend, Oregon
Posts: 3,134
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts


Ok, they do sell it with a stand that has the regulator.

For the High Pressure burner, I used this regulator:

http://www.agrisupply.com/high-press...84/cn/5400001/

and this hose:

http://www.agrisupply.com/lp-gas-hos...08/cn/5400001/

They work. I probably use about 30% of their power or it's just total overkill. They do like to drink propane but it is much better than those turkey fryers. Much cleaner and quiet.
__________________
CarPort Brewery
JCMAC Farms Garden

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
HoppyGus
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Raleigh, NC
Posts: 119
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundersBrew View Post
Just the burner, I have a stand that I think will work.

I did my first all grain a couple of weeks ago and the burner I have took forever, it was so slow, I used my weed burner to assist. I want to do another batch,but, not until I address this issue.
Dang how much weed you smokin?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
FoundersBrew
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Rockwall, TX
Posts: 218
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyGus

Dang how much weed you smokin?
Awesome!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
FoundersBrew
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Rockwall, TX
Posts: 218
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BendBrewer
Ok, they do sell it with a stand that has the regulator.

For the High Pressure burner, I used this regulator:

http://www.agrisupply.com/high-press...84/cn/5400001/

and this hose:

http://www.agrisupply.com/lp-gas-hos...08/cn/5400001/

They work. I probably use about 30% of their power or it's just total overkill. They do like to drink propane but it is much better than those turkey fryers. Much cleaner and quiet.
Thanks a bundle! I'm going to order.
I would rather spend a little extra on propane than stand around waiting.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
BendBrewer
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Bend, Oregon
Posts: 3,134
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts


Yeah I was wondering how a vaporizer did you any good but everyone has their own way.
__________________
CarPort Brewery
JCMAC Farms Garden

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
BendBrewer
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Bend, Oregon
Posts: 3,134
Liked 77 Times on 59 Posts


That regulator is 0 - 30 psi. I think I have mine set to about 10.
__________________
CarPort Brewery
JCMAC Farms Garden

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #10
FoundersBrew
Recipes 
 
Nov 2010
Rockwall, TX
Posts: 218
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Anyone know of any retail outlets(not online) that carry these?

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump