Non Alcoholic Beer? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Non Alcoholic Beer?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
Kokopuff829
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Elyria, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

To make non alcoholic beer would I make a normal batch then freeze it and drain the liquid alcohol portion? Do I make a batch of wort and keep it like that? Or is there another way to do this i have always wondered about this.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3183 Times on 1883 Posts

http://www.byo.com/stories/article/i...alcoholic-beer

http://www.byo.com/stories/article/i...t-less-alcohol

There's a couple threads on here as well. But BYO has good resources on doing it.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

BluBruShack Likes This 
Old 04-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
Kokopuff829
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Elyria, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks I could never find out how.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 AM   #4
edgeofblade
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Houston TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

What I want to know is if someone has embarked on a business selling non-alc craft beer. And lived to tell about it.

Sent from my iPad using HB Talk

Old 04-06-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofblade View Post
What I want to know is if someone has embarked on a business selling non-alc craft beer. And lived to tell about it.

I've been considering it....With my experience lately I think I'm not the only beer geek on the planet who is temporarily waylaid from drinking alcohol. I'd kill for a great stout, or IPA right now...

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

GatorDad Likes This 
Old 04-06-2011, 02:22 AM   #6
Kokopuff829
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Elyria, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofblade

Idk if you mean like a single person but in my area OH theres a non-alc beer called Odouls but I never heard of craft beers that would be cool

Old 04-06-2011, 02:27 AM   #8
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Not funny.....I haven't had a beer for 6 weeks and prolly won't be able to have one for another 6, let's see if you think it's funny if you have to have open heart surgery and can't drink the thing you're most passionate about......

Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #9
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 264 Times on 225 Posts

sorry, rev. that was tasteless.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #10
edgeofblade
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Houston TX
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopuff829 View Post
Idk if you mean like a single person but in my area OH theres a non-alc beer called Odouls but I never heard of craft beers that would be cool
A little entertainment for the rev-man. I bet many of you have seen this...