Finally took the plunge and bought a controller for the garage freezer. I finished wiring it up last night, plugged it in and immediately got a beeping alarm!
This is what I bought:
TS-61 Temperature Probe
I wired it according to the diagram below and plugged it in. It immediately threw an ErP error and beeped an alarm every second. As many others have stated, the controller instructions are all but useless. All the instructions mention about that code is:
ErP - Error of the probe not shown on the display. (useful, huh?)
Well, it kindof is. It simply means that the TSS2 controller is designed to handle two temperature probes and that there's only one connected. To FIX the problem...
- Press and hold SET for 8 seconds until the '0' flashes
- Press SET again (momentarily) until SP1 is displayed.
- Press the UP ARROWrepeatedly until 'P5' is displayed. Parameter P5 determines the number of probes the controller is looking for, the default setting is '2'.
- Press SET (momentarily) until '2' is displayed.
- Press the DOWN ARROW until '1' is displayed.
- Press SET (momentarily), 'P5' should be displayed again.
- The menu will timeout after 60 seconds --or-- press SET + DOWN ARROW simultaneously to exit the menu.
This should cancel the alarm and tell the controller to look for only one probe... To employ a second probe, go through the same process but toggle your value to '2' (vice '1') for parameter 'P5'.