Tis is my second attempt at a CAP...pretty much everything possible went wrong with the first one, which I don't want to talk about
. Anyway, here's the recipe I brewed today:
5.5 gallon batch (post boil size), est 75% efficiency
7 lbs. American 2-row
3 lbs. Cracked Corn
1 oz. Whole Leaf Cluster hops (8.4% AA), First Wort Hopped
1/2 oz Hallertau Pellet hops (6.4% AA) @ 20"
1/2 oz Hallertau Pellet hops (6.4% AA) @7"
I did a cereal mash with the cracked corn and 1 lb. of 2-row. I slowly heated it to a boil, then boiled for 45 minutes. While it was going, I doughed in the other 6 lbs. 2-row at 140*...or at least that was my goal. It was actually more like 137*. I added the cereal mash to it, bringing it up to 160* (target was 158*) for 40".
Pitched a 3 L starter of harvested Fermentis Saflager W-34/70 (from when it was actually still cheaper than the liquid strain) @ 55*, and have it sitting in a wine chiller set to 50*)
So far, so good. OG was 1.052, IBUs should be around 34 (tinseth).
Feel free to give any comments or ask any questions.