jusy saying.... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > jusy saying....

Old 04-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #11
MultumInParvo
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensiff View Post
Aha, another BGE...so you understand the need to BBQ year round. I've only had it froze shut once though.
You guys should get a water proof cover. I have one for the BGE and I can just pull off the frozen cover (may need a little bit of hot water to loosen up) and nothing will stop me from cooking on the egg!

Old 04-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
rycov
Recipes 

Feb 2010
conway SC., South Carolina
Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts

i like grilling in the summer better. **** yeah. i'm excited
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
I would make a yeast starter, and pitch it into your mailbox.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #13
Bensiff

Recipes 

Mar 2008
, Washington, the state
Liked 386 Times on 304 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultumInParvo View Post
You guys should get a water proof cover. I have one for the BGE and I can just pull off the frozen cover (may need a little bit of hot water to loosen up) and nothing will stop me from cooking on the egg!
A cover of sorts might be good...with all the rain we get here it soaks right into the ceramic and takes forever to evaporate when I light it up...it really sucks when I'm trying to get the hades inferno as hot as possible, but all the evaporation is keeping the temps in the 500's.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #14
Arneba28

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Amherst, Western New York
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Yeah i didnt use my charcoal all winter as I just have a little 14" grill. I fired it up the other day though, it was 35 outside, so warm enough to make pit beef. SOOOOO good.