I threw together a keg and carboy cleaner this morning and figured I would share.
1 x Smartpond 300-500gph Fountain Pump (Lowes)
2 x 5 gallon paint buckets (Lowes)
18" Loc-line (McMaster)
1 x Loc-line 1/2 male connector (McMaster)
1 x Loc-line Nozzle (McMaster)
((Note: PVC/Copper would work instead of the Loc-line, I had it laying around and I love the stuff because I can angle it.))
1 1/4" Hole Saw
3/8" Drill Bit (size can vary)
1. Drill 1 1/4" hole near the top of one bucket. The power cord for the pump will go through here so that the buckets sit one inside the other.
2. Attach Loc-line to pump using 1/2" connector.
3. Inset pump into bucket with hole and center the output of the pump in the bucket. Feed power cord through the previously drilled hole.
4. Set bucket with pump aside.
5. Drill 1 1/4" hole in center of second bucket. This is where the Loc-line will go.
6. Drill several 3/8" (or whatever size you want) holes in the bottom of the bucket to allow water to drain back into the pump bucket.
7. Place second bucket inside of first feeding Loc-line through the hole in the center.
8. Fill with water and cleaner of choice. Place item to be cleaned over the nozzle (carboys are supported by the bucket, kegs should have the disconnects removed to allow for better drainage.)
9. Plug it in and watch your new fountain.
I would not recommend a smaller pump than the 300-500 gph. It does not produce very much water pressure.
I'm heading to the LHBS to get some extra QDs so I can pump cleaner through the keg that way too. Should be a good way to sanitize/clean kegs easily.
And now for the real explanation.