Apollo SMaSH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLM

Reaction score
I got 2 oz of apollo hops to try out and was going to try a smash with them they are 18.2 alpha

13 lbs vienna

.5 oz 60 min
.5 oz 20
.5 oz 10
.5 oz 5 min

should be about 64 IBU,S
wlpoo1 yeast

whatcha think

I'd move the last additions to a dry hop addition, really accentuate the flavor and aroma of the hop. Apollo is one of my favorites, great price and high alpha.

I'd move the last additions to a dry hop addition, really accentuate the flavor and aroma of the hop. Apollo is one of my favorites, great price and high alpha.

I think I will try and DH the 5 min one and leave the rest alone

I don't know a lot about hop flavors yet, but I know that I love the flavors of West Coast IPA's (Chinook, Simcoe). How does the flavor and aroma profile of Apollo differ from the hops used in typical West Coast IPA's?

Never used Apollo before here either, but my own opinion would be to move the 10 minute addition to DH and leave the 20 and 5 minute additions where they are...my two cents.

Make sure to post about how this turns out.

Vienna and anything comes out fantastic I do Vienna SmaSh's all the time Im drinking a vienna amarillo right now Im sure apollo will work out nice.

well I ended up useing tomas fawcett golden promise insted of the vienna and moved the last five of apollo to DH

reviving this because I want to order some apollo ---- so what did it taste like?

it taste great with the TF malt just needs to clear up in the keg. I wish I had a little more to use like four ozs in the boil with more added to the end

Back