Xtremebrewing.com - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Xtremebrewing.com

Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
duffbeer71
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Hanover Park, IL
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Found a great site at xtremebrewing.com with a ton of kits. Anyone ever brewed anything from these guys? We're going to try their 90minute IPA clone.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Liked 560 Times on 306 Posts

I have the book Extreme Brewing but have never heard of that website.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
menschmaschine

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Delaware
Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts

It's my LHBS. It's owned by Doug Griffith, a super nice guy and avid homebrewer. You can see his picture in several books including Brewing Up a Business. He and Sam Calagione go way back. I've never brewed any kits from them, but since he and Sam are friends, I would think the DFH clones are pretty close.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Asheville, North Carolina
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by menschmaschine View Post
It's my LHBS. It's owned by Doug Griffith, a super nice guy and avid homebrewer. You can see his picture in several books including Brewing Up a Business. He and Sam Calagione go way back. I've never brewed any kits from them, but since he and Sam are friends, I would think the DFH clones are pretty close.
It's interesting that Sam's book and his shop share the same name. Kits seem interesting but they're a little pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops