suggestions on choosing malts/hops
I've been home brewing now on provided recipes for almost a year now. With that, I'm wanting to start doing experimental 1 gallon batches of different brews that I pick all the ingredients from a thoughtful design before actually buying the ingredients and making it.
Here are some things I need help with:
1) any great links out there about hops? The IBU and flavor and the aroma styles?
2) how does the IBU get altered when pitching at start of boil, vs 10 mins on a boil? Assuming the same style hop, what does this do to the flavor or IBU of the beer?
3) malts info? any good links out there that describe the malts in how they taste, their color, sugar content
4) Balancing the beer, between dryness, body and ibu
5) yeasts (white labs site is good)
Any other info? thanks,