Soda Regulator vs. Beer Regulator - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Soda Regulator vs. Beer Regulator

Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
shildebr
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Keller, TX
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I've been kegging since I started brewing, about 4 years ago.

Anyways, when I jumped in to the hobby, I didnt really know what I was buying, and purchased a kegging setup based on the recommendation of a friend.

I never really had a problem with the regulator, per se, but always felt that something wasnt quite right.

Turns out, I bought a soda regulator (Taprite-fasco model 5740) with a 0-120 psi gauge on it. In fact, the gauge STARTS at 20 psi. I always just carbed my beers by adjusting the pressure until the needle would barely move.

Anyways, I want to upgrade, but would like to salvage the regulator. Can I just install a new pressurge gauge, like a 0-30 psi, and call it good? Or is there something mechanically different between a regulator meant for soda and a regulator meant for beer?

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Taylorsville, Utah
Liked 85 Times on 67 Posts

just replace the gauge.. the only thing that seperates one regulator fron others is the gas going threw them.. your case its all co2
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia