It's finally done!
The color in the pics is not very good ... too much red in the room ... no talent in the photographer ... but I didn't want to miss a photo of the first pour, so I'll take better photos of the keezer (or adjust these properly) this weekend.
I actually completed the build Sunday and fired it up, but didn't get a keg until today. They didn't deliver what I ordered, but what they delivered is good, so what the heck ... another reason to brew my own someday, huh?
Only one keg in it right now ... call it rookie lack of confidence, but I figured I would give it a trial run before adding the second keg.
As I had hoped, the color of the wood came out good once I put on the poly. As I mentioned earlier, I bought some mounting tape for the drip tray.
My lid ended up being 49 lb, before I assembled the shanks, faucets, and lines ... unfortunately, the latter added just enough weight that I will need a support rod to hold up the lid when I'm changing kegs or working on something inside. But I'm happy enough with the design that I'm fine with that trade-off.
SWMBO is very pleased ... the keezer matches the server that is right next to it, as well as the cabinets in the adjacent kitchen (the pantry is just to the right of the keezer in the photos). And I, of course, am very pleased that I now have beer on tap within about 12' of my couch ... life is good!
Many thanks to all who've posted builds, ideas, answers, etc. in this forum ... no way could I pull this off without all of that information ... what a great community!