Originally Posted by mrtree
Dorklord, did this stout ever get off the ground?
If so how did it turn out? Any recipe notes?
Well, this stout came out a great deal lighter in color than planned. Actually, it was extremely dark when I transferred to primary, but a lot of that must have been particles of the roasted grain, as a lot of darkness settled out (and the yeast cake/trub left after I transferred to my bottling bucket was almost black).
Right now, the beer tastes a little green, though my friend (who requested it) has drank a couple bottles, and said it tastes kind of like newcastle (only green).
I'll try to remember to take a picture next time I open one. All in all, I'd say that simply increasing the ingredients would be a good place to start (finished product is a little light in body), but I'm not 100% sure what would give it the right color without giving it a 'burnt' taste. Of course, I'm probably a bad one for this because I didn't like stout when I tried it pre-celiac. Maybe more 'burnt' that what I made would be desirable.