Dual regulator ISSUES, help! - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Dual regulator ISSUES, help!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 AM   #1
ryaned82
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Queen Creek, AZ

I need some help before I kill myself here. Already damn near broke my nose, and broke my new regulator before I even had it set up.

I have a Cornelius dual regulator I bought for ONE corny keg now, and I'll be adding a second in April. Picture this: I have one tube hooked up to the first regulator and then its connected to my corny and the other is bare at this moment. I CANNOT get the second regulator not hooked up to anything to stop spewing co2. Its got a little locknut and then adjustable screw. I have tried opening it all the way and closing it all the way with NO success. I thought I would be able to have one of them shut off if only using one corny. What am I doing wrong here?
Click image for larger version

Name:	corny regulator.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	22469  

Old 03-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #2
ChaosBrew
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Riverside, Ca

To close it undo the locking nut and turn the screw counter clockwise

If you are not able to dial it off with the screw one solution would be to have a valve on the line coming from the regulator not being used.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
P-J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Charlotte, NC
Liked 301 Times on 235 Posts

Go to the hardware store and buy a 1/4" flare cap for the open line.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
ryaned82
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Queen Creek, AZ

Okay, so I do need to buy a threaded flare cap to lock the air out. So, its okay for co2 to go into the second regulator and be stopped in its track by a flare cap then? Here's an actual pic of my setup incase any others have ideas. Its just weird because I was under the assumption that I would be able to close up the second valve when needed with just the locknut and screw. Thanks for the info P-J.

That pic is not great quality I know. Also, I don't have the tank on in this pic and I thought it was odd that my guage was not reading at zero. It came at zero when I got in mail, but after some co2 went through it never went down to zero. Normal for those to stick a little?
Click image for larger version

Name:	regulatorsetup.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	22512  

Old 03-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
gicts
Recipes 

Oct 2007
Kentucky
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaned82 View Post
Okay, so I do need to buy a threaded flare cap to lock the air out. So, its okay for co2 to go into the second regulator and be stopped in its track by a flare cap then? Here's an actual pic of my setup incase any others have ideas. Its just weird because I was under the assumption that I would be able to close up the second valve when needed with just the locknut and screw. Thanks for the info P-J.

That pic is not great quality I know. Also, I don't have the tank on in this pic and I thought it was odd that my guage was not reading at zero. It came at zero when I got in mail, but after some co2 went through it never went down to zero. Normal for those to stick a little?
There may still be pressure which the gauge is reading.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
Nuggethead
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Orofino Idaho
Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

You need these on each regulator to stop gas flow and prevent liquid backflow. Any regulator I have purchased always came with these already installed.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewin...-1-4-mfl.html#