Day 2: The next day, I applied a couple of coats of red oak wood stain. I like Rick500's finished look, so I decided to pick that color. Here are the first and final coats.
Day 3: On this day I attached the already stained collar using L-brackets on the inside corners. You can see here how it sat on the freezer:
Note: Some of the corners did not seal right due to imperfection in my cutting. I used this product called "Liquid Nails" to seal the outside corners of the collar, and stained them with wood stain. It doesn't look perfect, but it looks much better than having some of those corners unsealed. You may be able to notice this at the end.
Day 4: I painted the freezer using Rust-o-leum appliance epoxy. It took 2 cans, but worked out great. Good clean factory-like look. Here's a pic during the painting:
Warning: Index finger may get extremely tired during the painting process.
Day 5: Here I finished and attached the collar. I used 2-sided tape to mount the collar as seen here:
When reattaching the hinges, instead of using brewit2it's breaking off method, I just used washers to attach them back. I believe heyjaffy did something similar. Here's a photo of it:
I decided to screw on the manifold to the back part of the keezer for easier access. Everything ended up fitting great.
Here is a pic of the final product:
...And of course the glamor shot
Note: Before anyone bashes and flames on my bud handles, please excuse them. They are the only ones I have, and I know my Mexican BMC uncles will love them!
Please post any questions or comments!