Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > beer pairing/seminars Ideas for a new job??

Old 03-24-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Brewkowski
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default beer pairing/seminars Ideas for a new job??

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I work in the hospitality industry and I'm applying for a new job with a full service hotel and I'm trying to come up with some ideas for generating new revenue for the Food and Beverage Department, as well as share the world of small batch craft beer, wine, mead, cider, spirits, and hopefully even homebrews.

Basically my thoughts were to create a variety of pairing dinners and/or seminars that might be hosted by a few small batch wineries or distilleries in the area. Has anyone had experience with these type of events in your area? The position I'm applying for is in the far northern chicago suburbs (15 miles from WI border).

Would you be willing to pay $30 to $50 for a Friday/Sat meal that included craft beer or small batch local wines over a 4 course meal?

Would you be willing to pay $20 to $30 per person for a seminar/tasting craft beer, small batch bourbon or spirits tasting hosted by a local distributor or distiller?

Any experiences at hotels or restaurants with this type of thing?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

I think it's a great pitch to take for your interview, and even if the job falls through look at doing on your own. I think the rate you're considering is pretty good.

It is the new hip thing afterall, especially rolling in small batch spirits since they are coming online more and more.

Good luck.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew