Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Need advice on keggle building

Old 03-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #11
Ol' Grog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

ha......
Seriously, has anyone here purchased the setup I'm looking at from Morebeer? 64 bucks seems kind of steep, but it's got everything I'd need and not have to mess around with piece mealing things together. Does that hop stopper work pretty good for the bottom of the Sanke keg? I wouldn't mind saving a buck or two. I know I can get the ball valve a lot cheaper but the other stuff...

Old 03-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Need some help here fellas, ready to order "something," just don't know what. Is that whole set up worth 64 bucks? HELP.....I begging ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #13
Beer Weevel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Hop Stopper

Ol' Grog, Hop Stopper's work great worth every penny. In my opinion you can mess around making one, but I ordered mine from Innovative Homebrew Solutions and It's the BOMB it stops even the finest pellet hops absoulutely clear wort.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #14
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Grog
ha......
Seriously, has anyone here purchased the setup I'm looking at from Morebeer? 64 bucks seems kind of steep, but it's got everything I'd need and not have to mess around with piece mealing things together. Does that hop stopper work pretty good for the bottom of the Sanke keg? I wouldn't mind saving a buck or two. I know I can get the ball valve a lot cheaper but the other stuff...
I bought two of those. I use one in my MLT, and had one in my kettle (I'm replacing the false bottom with something else). It works great for whole hops, but it won't stop pellet hop particles. I tried to modify it by sewing on some nylon mesh, but the results weren't good to say the least (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthre...796#post223796)

There are other ways to stop the hops. Read that thread from the beginning and do a search on hopstopper and bazooka t to get some ideas.

Cheers.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #15
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks. I think I'm going to go with a spigot and arm only. I use a hop bag or hop screen when boiling. Plus, it would seem a lot easier to clean up if using a hop bag.