ok, I just turned my kids over! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > ok, I just turned my kids over!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:26 AM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7726 Times on 5425 Posts

Well, this sound stupid- but my exhusband just stopped over to pick up the kids' "little things' for them to use while I'm gone. My kids are 17 and almost 15- hardly toddlers!
But I ended up hugging my exhusband (who has a wife who hates me beyond belief), and turned over the kids' most prized posessions- Ipod charger, Ipod, hockey equipment, etc.
I'm going to miss those teenagers! We took them with us to Eleuthera the last time- but can't this time to due school schedules. They don't have a problem with us going- in fact, told us to "have a nice time!".
Geez, I miss them already, and I haven't left yet. And if the weather in Milwaukee doesn't turn for the better, we might never leave!
Anyway, please excuse this PUI (posting while intoxicated). Not to mention, I'm so drunk I hugged my exhusband. I havent' touched him in 10 years or more. Yeah, he's still disgusting. I'm not THAT drunk........but he loves the kids as much as I do. And he only charged me $250 to take care of them for two weeks.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:33 AM   #2
Alamo_Beer

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Manor, Tx
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

he charged you?

anyway...

HAVE FUN!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 AM   #3
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper Chick
And he only charged me $250 to take care of them for two weeks.
huh?

When you flying out of Milwaukee? Another storm is comming but doesnt look like it will get ugly until Wednesday evening / Thrusday morning

Old 02-28-2007, 02:58 AM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7726 Times on 5425 Posts

Great, Pumbaa, thanks! Our second flight is oh, 7:00 AM THURSDAY out of Milwaukee! If I'm still in Milwaukee after that on Thursday, I'll be calling you and SWMBO to buy us a beer!

But that's ok- we have plenty of time to catch our 4:45 PM flight to Eleuthera out of Ft Lauderdale! ( I see us spending a lot of time in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, before we come any where near Fort Lauderdale)

Heck yes, the ex charges me! But I don't tell the kids. I call it quality time with their dad. They adore him and think he's God. I don't want to interfere. so I write him a check (last week so he cashed it already) and kiss them goodbye. All the while knowing he's an a**hole. But the kids love him and come from 50% of his genes so I just suck it up. The hardest part of a divorce is being loving to your ex when they are jerks. The second hardest part is making it up to your kids.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:11 AM   #5
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Heck yes, the ex charges me! But I don't tell the kids. I call it quality time with their dad. They adore him and think he's God. I don't want to interfere. so I write him a check (last week so he cashed it already) and kiss them goodbye. All the while knowing he's an a**hole. But the kids love him and come from 50% of his genes so I just suck it up. The hardest part of a divorce is being loving to your ex when they are jerks. The second hardest part is making it up to your kids.
Well, isn't that special? I've heard of guys getting heck from their wives for calling it 'babysitting' when they have to watch the kids. It's 'parenting' they say. I always thought that was just an issue of semantics. Maybe not. Your ex appears to be babysitting for you.

<smartass>You could tell him to take the $250 out of his support payments. </smartass>

Old 02-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #6
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 166 Times on 87 Posts

Lorena get your @ss out of town and go have a great time!
I know you miss the kids but they will be fine. A little bit of separation is good anyway.

Have fun and take lots of pics.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:51 AM   #7
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Liked 75 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Great, Pumbaa, thanks! Our second flight is oh, 7:00 AM THURSDAY out of Milwaukee! If I'm still in Milwaukee after that on Thursday, I'll be calling you and SWMBO to buy us a beer!
I'll PM you with my contact info

Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
Brewiz

Recipes 

May 2005
Stockbridge, Ga
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I hope you have a great time and by the way you are a "Class Act". I hope that if I ever get a divorce I could be like that...........

Old 02-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
Copperhed

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Southwest GA, USA

I saw the photos of your lovely daughter and handsome son. They are still very young, and I applaud your efforts........in time they will know all of what you know now. God Bless and have a FREAKING BLAST!!!!!!!!!

Copper

Old 02-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #10
Fish
Recipes 

Jan 2007

This always happens with us we wait like criminals looking for a break until we get that yearly 1 night away from the kids. Then we get it and I really miss them and since having kids I have lost the ability to sleep in.
Primary : Fruit Cider
Secondary :empty

Bottled: Wheat
On Deck: Mead