• 6.6 lbs Munton & Fisons light unhopped liquid malt extract
• 1 1/2 lb Crystal Malt 20L
• 1 oz. Kent Goldings hops 5.0 AA (boil)
• 1/2 oz. Fuggle hops 4.8 AA (boil)
• 1/2 oz. Willamette hops (finish)
• 1 tsp Gypsum 1/2 tsp. Irish Moss
• 1/2 tsp. Irish Moss
• 1 pkg. #1098 British Ale Liquid Yeast
• 3/4 cup corn sugar (priming)
Add crushed grains to 2 1/2 gallons of cold tap water, add gypsum. Heat to 170 degrees, remove from heat cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Remove grains from liquid, add liquid malt extracts and boiling hops. Boil for 60 minutes. Add Irish moss in last 15 minutes of boil. Add finishing hops last 2 minutes of boil. After boiling cover pot and set into cold water bath in sink for 30 minutes. Add 2 1/2 gallons of cold water to the 5 gallon carboy. Add cooled wort to carboy. Shake carboy to add oxygen to wort. Add yeast pkt., shake carboy again to mix yeast.
• OG: 1.045
• FG: 1.011
I bottled this last week and tried a bottle on day 3. Tasted like Bass. A little sweet and a little low on CO2 but that will change soon enough.