Are there any good resources for DVD's about all-grain brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmac

Reaction score
I have quite a few books and a BYO and Zymurgy subscription. I have viewed short videos here and there. But is there one great source to get a DVD that will cover everything in detail from equipment selection to choosing grain and recipe creating to fermentation and yeast selection and troubleshooting?

I find that the best way is to learn by doing. Have a local brew club you can join and brew alongside with? Nothing better than learning by doing, and better to learn from some folks that are already doing it successfully.

Basic Brewing is one of the best resources i have found.

The DVDs are great because they explain things very simply and you get to see the process.

I find that the best way is to learn by doing. Have a local brew club you can join and brew alongside with? Nothing better than learning by doing, and better to learn from some folks that are already doing it successfully.

+1.

Honestly, and really I am not old school, you can clean a lot more buy reading and gleaming the web.

Honestly, do you need a video of a guy adding hot water to a container?

jetmac said:
I have quite a few books and a BYO and Zymurgy subscription. I have viewed short videos here and there. But is there one great source to get a DVD that will cover everything in detail from equipment selection to choosing grain and recipe creating to fermentation and yeast selection and troubleshooting?

I had the same question. I read the books, watched YouTube and found that Basic Brewing's DVD "Stepping Into All-grain" was the best resource for me to learn the processes (they go over both batch and fly sparging). I've since watched the Midwest Supplies video and they only show the fly-sparging method, which looks easy on SIAG, but difficult in the MWS video. I highly recommend the Basic Brewing DVD. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back