New guy from Central Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireRescueFL

Reaction score
Just brewed my first beer and it's sleeping nicely in my closet for the second day of fermentation. It's a partial mash English Brown Ale. I had a great time with my first go-round but I had no idea that it would take as long as it did! Can't wait to taste the fruits of my labor but I'm gonna wait until it's really ready. I'll definitely be doing another soon... maybe even this week.

Looking forward to learning some good info here and hopefully make some local brewing friends.

---Chris

It's a partial mash English Brown Ale

......... nice. Good start.

Congrats, keep it up! I am from central Florida also. I just kegged an English Pale Ale.

Hey Florida members, I will be traveling down to Orlando(Disney) soon, then over to west palm for a couple days. Are there any good microbrew type places I should hit in the general vicinity of those locations? I will definitely need it after a few days with Mickey.

Hey Florida members, I will be traveling down to Orlando(Disney) soon, then over to west palm for a couple days. Are there any good microbrew type places I should hit in the general vicinity of those locations? I will definitely need it after a few days with Mickey.

New World of Beer just opened in West Palm.

101 N. Clematis Street
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
561-833-3325

I just wanted to say hello. I'm from Central Florida also. I am working on my third brew, a Pilsner. Just bought a fridge for $180.00 delivered to my door in three days. I think in Florida it’s a must, defiantly for lagers. Maybe I'll run into you as I want to join the Central Florida Home Brewers club that meet first Sunday of the month.
Take care, Happy brewing.

Court House,
Yup a fridge in Fl is almost mandatory especially if you want to do lagers. I have a mini fridge I got from wally world that I added an STC-1000 to and it is doing quite nicely right now. I use an "obsolete" 100 Watt incandescent llight bulb for heat and the fridge obviously for cooling. So far I have only run a 2.5 gallon Mt Beer in it, but I have accumulated the stuff to do a 5 gallon extract and have a hefe in the works. Unfortunately I think the 6.5 pail will not fit the fridge without some serious mods. So I am on the lookout for a decent mid sized fridge to put in my shop and work out of.
Bob

Latest posts

Back