Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Crock Fermenter/Secondary
Old 03-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default Crock Fermenter/Secondary

Anyone know anything about crockery? I have an old salt finish 5 gal crockery jug. I thouroughly cleaned and sanitized it, and used it as a secondary for a batch of cider. The cider turned out great. I then cleaned it out, and put in a dilute bleach solution to keep it thouroughly clean. Apparently there is some kind of pinhole leak, because when I went to empty it out (about 2 mos later) the volume was low and the bottom was thouroughly wet. Is there anyway to reseal the inside so that I can continue to use it. I would like to use it to batch age some mead or cyser.
Thanks for any help available.
Slainte, Mack