Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread - Page 85 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 AM   #841
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,564
Liked 2324 Times on 2236 Posts


I sure to hope to hell the Angels arent in that group! But, even as big a Ranger fan as i am, dont count Oak out for the division yet! Rangers have to win one of three but its gonna be a tough series! Sea will probably be no help in keeping the Angels down, but i can hope!
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #842
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,674
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
I sure to hope to hell the Angels arent in that group! But, even as big a Ranger fan as i am, dont count Oak out for the division yet! Rangers have to win one of three but its gonna be a tough series! Sea will probably be no help in keeping the Angels down, but i can hope!
I'm not counting out the A's from winning the division. Can you imagine a scenario where Texas and the Yanks will be playing in the wild card game...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #843
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,674
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Sorry passedpawn, but it's over. The A's won. Which eliminated the Ray's. Better luck next year, now drown your sorrows. Say ... Go Rays 2013... Lets have some fun...Root for the A's to sweep Texas, The Yanks to lose the next two, Orioles win the next two (against the Rays unfortunately) to win the division, and look for a wild card game between the Rangers and Yankees. Both would be 93 game winners. That would be epic.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #844
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,564
Liked 2324 Times on 2236 Posts


Please don't let this scenario happen! What a heartbreak to lead the division from the first day to the last day and then NOT make the playoffs. I can't even imagine how effed up that would be, I pray that Boston gets their **** together and beats the Yanks tonight. And that Texas can pull out 2 more. That's my perfect scenario. Unfortunately, I think the Yanks beat Boston, Texas wins tonight, but the A's probably win tomorrow night. Which give Texas and NY 94 wins and the A's 93. If Baltimore beats Tampa the that makes the Bal and Oak tied with 93. So what happens then? Bal and Oak play for playoff and Texas, Det and NY win their divisions right?
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #845
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 25,882
Liked 6712 Times on 3965 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Sorry passedpawn, but it's over. The A's won. Which eliminated the Ray's. Better luck next year, now drown your sorrows. Say ... Go Rays 2013... Lets have some fun...Root for the A's to sweep Texas, The Yanks to lose the next two, Orioles win the next two (against the Rays unfortunately) to win the division, and look for a wild card game between the Rangers and Yankees. Both would be 93 game winners. That would be epic.
Wow, I had no idea that could happen. I can't root for the Rays to lose, just can't do it, but I'd love to see that scenario play out that you mention there.

Congrats to Tiger fans. Their team deserves to be where they are. Cabrera is an MVP for sure.
__________________
- Andrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #846
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,674
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
Please don't let this scenario happen! What a heartbreak to lead the division from the first day to the last day and then NOT make the playoffs. I can't even imagine how effed up that would be, I pray that Boston gets their **** together and beats the Yanks tonight. And that Texas can pull out 2 more. That's my perfect scenario. Unfortunately, I think the Yanks beat Boston, Texas wins tonight, but the A's probably win tomorrow night. Which give Texas and NY 94 wins and the A's 93. If Baltimore beats Tampa the that makes the Bal and Oak tied with 93. So what happens then? Bal and Oak play for playoff and Texas, Det and NY win their divisions right?
Pretty crazy with 2 games left to play. I know that the Tigers are hosting the first two games against someone. In your scenario, Orioles and A's will play the wild card. Whoever wins will play at home against the Yankees starting Sunday, and Texas will play Tigers in Detroit starting Saturday.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #847
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,564
Liked 2324 Times on 2236 Posts


Let's say that the 5 teams in the playoffs all split the next two games. This puts TX and NY tied for first with 94 wins, Bal and Oak tied with 93 wins and Det with 88 wins. Bal and Oak would have a one game playoff for the wild card spot, right? Would TX and NY then have a one game playoff for the #1 seed?
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #848
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,674
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
Let's say that the 5 teams in the playoffs all split the next two games. This puts TX and NY tied for first with 94 wins, Bal and Oak tied with 93 wins and Det with 88 wins. Bal and Oak would have a one game playoff for the wild card spot, right? Would TX and NY then have a one game playoff for the #1 seed?
Detroit is in, no question. BAL OAK play Friday for wild card. TX NY if tied, the #1 goes to NY based on head to head during regular season. NY won regular season series 4 games to 3.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #849
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,564
Liked 2324 Times on 2236 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Detroit is in, no question. BAL OAK play Friday for wild card. TX NY if tied, the #1 goes to NY based on head to head during regular season. NY won regular season series 4 games to 3.
This makes more sense, but for some reason I was thinking there would have to be a playoff for the #1 seed. And if TX doesn't win at least one of these games with OAK, it will be us playing in the playoff for the wild card. Tonight is their best chance. Harrison is on the mound and he has been money all year. Dempster pitches tomorrow and I'm still on the fence about him. At times he has been great and other he sucked goat balls.
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #850
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,674
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
This makes more sense, but for some reason I was thinking there would have to be a playoff for the #1 seed. And if TX doesn't win at least one of these games with OAK, it will be us playing in the playoff for the wild card. Tonight is their best chance. Harrison is on the mound and he has been money all year. Dempster pitches tomorrow and I'm still on the fence about him. At times he has been great and other he sucked goat balls.
This stuff is stressful for us. I can't imagine how the players can handle it. One Bill Buckner moment and no matter what you did your whole career. You will be remembered for 1 play.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting back into baseball Cubslover General Chit Chat 16 03-07-2012 01:07 AM
Fans of baseball, even bad baseball ... shecky General Chit Chat 8 08-14-2008 02:29 AM
baseball cards BrewBrain General Chit Chat 16 07-30-2008 09:03 AM
If you like baseball, you'll LOVE X-TREME Baseball!! rdwj General Chit Chat 12 05-09-2007 08:09 PM
Baseball--AL or NL? Dude General Chit Chat 54 04-24-2007 12:11 PM


Forum Jump