Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread - Page 76 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #751
rjwhite41
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Osceola, Iowa
Posts: 1,421
Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer
Braun IS clean. Not gonna say one way or the other about Pujols, cause I dunno.
You don't know about Braun either. We don't know about anybody. I'll believe Braun but a Brewer fan attacking Pujols, who's NEVER failed a test, doesn't have a leg to stand on. Braun failed a test, even if the validity of that test may be in question.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #752
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,670
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


It's baseball... can we forget about the drug tests? It seems to have happened, maybe, most assuredly, I don't care... it's 2012. A new year.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #753
scrambledegg81
Flocculation Nation
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
scrambledegg81's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Los Osos, CA
Posts: 1,816
Liked 40 Times on 36 Posts


Wow...I really hope you all caught the Giants/Phillies game tonight. Without a doubt the best pitchers' duel I've EVER seen in 30 years of watching baseball. Cain vs. Lee, 2012...one for the history books.
__________________
Primary: nada
Secondary: emptyness
Bottled/Fridge: Sierra Nevada Celebration
Bombers/Growlers/Aging: The Abyss, Firestone 19th Anniversary Ale
Kegerator: sanitizer!
Coming Up: something spiffy, most likely

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #754
McBrewskie
 
McBrewskie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Alameda, Ca
Posts: 2,170
Liked 312 Times on 229 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwhite41 View Post
Pujols used roids but Braun is clean. Sure
Braun was using too. I'm a giants fan though and have no doubt Bonds was a user and shouldn't be in the HOF.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #755
McBrewskie
 
McBrewskie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Alameda, Ca
Posts: 2,170
Liked 312 Times on 229 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambledegg81 View Post
Wow...I really hope you all caught the Giants/Phillies game tonight. Without a doubt the best pitchers' duel I've EVER seen in 30 years of watching baseball. Cain vs. Lee, 2012...one for the history books.
Game was unbelievable. Great pitchers duel.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #756
joelrapp
 
joelrapp's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 296
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts


my one wish for this year would be for the moderators to delete every account on here of people who say that they like the yankees or the red sox. I'd rather watch an Astros v Pirates game than yankees v red sox. Sorry just don't have 12 hrs of free time to invest just to get to the 3rd inning. I am so sick of both of these teams. ESPN will carry 4 games in the next week all will have either or both the yankees and red sox. I long for a team I can really cheer for but alas being in Indianapolis I am stuck with being a bastard mutt of a cubs/reds/cards fan.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #757
joelrapp
 
joelrapp's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 296
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
Braun IS clean. Not gonna say one way or the other about Pujols, cause I dunno.
Just made a light beer based loosely on Miller Lite, named it Ryan Braun's failed piss test ale. Funny thing is being based on Miller Lite it tastes like piss.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #758
rjwhite41
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Osceola, Iowa
Posts: 1,421
Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by McBrewskie

Braun was using too. I'm a giants fan though and have no doubt Bonds was a user and shouldn't be in the HOF.
I disagree. There wasn't a rule against use at the time therefore Bonds didn't break any rules. Put him in the Hall, Clemens too. And Rose. The Hall is for the greatest players of all time and Bonds was definitely one of them. Besides, how do we know anyone already in the Hall didn't use? I guarantee there's amphetamine users in there. The football HOF certainly doesn't discriminate.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #759
Wolfhound180
 
Wolfhound180's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Quantico, Virginia
Posts: 461
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by joelrapp
my one wish for this year would be for the moderators to delete every account on here of people who say that they like the yankees or the red sox. I'd rather watch an Astros v Pirates game than yankees v red sox. Sorry just don't have 12 hrs of free time to invest just to get to the 3rd inning. I am so sick of both of these teams. ESPN will carry 4 games in the next week all will have either or both the yankees and red sox. I long for a team I can really cheer for but alas being in Indianapolis I am stuck with being a bastard mutt of a cubs/reds/cards fan.
How about my Rangers owning the sox for the past 2 games? I love it!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #760
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,764
Liked 2350 Times on 2257 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound180 View Post
How about my Rangers owning the sox for the past 2 games? I love it!
Wait a minute. YOUR Rangers? You're from Ohio! I have about a thousand posts on here touting the greatness of the Rangers! JK Yes, be a Ranger fan. That's a team worth supporting.

Now, how about the retirement of Pudge? Quite possibly the greatest Ranger of all time??? I love that although he has been playing for other teams, he is going to come back to Arlington to retire as a Ranger. Pudge is the man and I can't wait for them to retire his number and hang it in the outfield! Wish I could be there Monday night when they honor him in the pre-game.
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting back into baseball Cubslover General Chit Chat 16 03-07-2012 01:07 AM
Fans of baseball, even bad baseball ... shecky General Chit Chat 8 08-14-2008 02:29 AM
baseball cards BrewBrain General Chit Chat 16 07-30-2008 09:03 AM
If you like baseball, you'll LOVE X-TREME Baseball!! rdwj General Chit Chat 12 05-09-2007 08:09 PM
Baseball--AL or NL? Dude General Chit Chat 54 04-24-2007 12:11 PM


Forum Jump