Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread - Page 38 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #371
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,639
Liked 2336 Times on 2245 Posts


Yeah that was great moment. It was Robin Ventura's ass that got beat. Before every game they show video highlights of great Ranger plays, that one is always in there and get's the biggest cheers from the fans! It always makes me feel like we are a bunch of dumb rednecks for cheering at it, but it is a great baseball moment! ha
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #372
beersteiner2345
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
Posts: 631
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
Hey! He only did coke once! Tried it during the Allstar break a couple of years ago. He said it so I believe it!

Either way, the Rangers are a very classy organization. And the one thing they have that most other teams don't, is a true spirit of team. There is not one person on that team that makes it about himself. These guys truly love each other and play as one unit. Gotta give credit where it's due Shecky!
Yup. I gained a ton of respect for them when they clinched their division last year and had cider instead of champagne since one of their players was a recovering alcoholic...

Straight class there.

And what's wrong with cocaine? In all seriousness, that was a while ago, and lots of people used to do coke.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #373
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 26,081
Liked 6810 Times on 4025 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
Yup. I gained a ton of respect for them when they clinched their division last year and had cider instead of champagne since one of their players was a recovering alcoholic...
Had to be Josh Hamilton. That dude is great, but nearly missed the biggies because of his past addictions. I think he's replaced that with family and religion. Good dude, likely to stay a great ball player for a long time if he stays healthy.
__________________
- Andrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #374
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,886
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts


Real "classy" showing a video of a fight on the big screen... just sayin'.
__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #375
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,639
Liked 2336 Times on 2245 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Had to be Josh Hamilton. That dude is great, but nearly missed the biggies because of his past addictions. I think he's replaced that with family and religion. Good dude, likely to stay a great ball player for a long time if he stays healthy.
Yup it was Hamilton. He had some serious issues in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Real "classy" showing a video of a fight on the big screen... just sayin'.
Hey, it's a big time Ranger moment. And for a team with our history, we don't have many "unfogettable" moments!
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #376
iaefebs
Registered User
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,670
Liked 245 Times on 177 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I like seeing Nolan at every game. I've always loved the video of a batter rushing him on the mound, and Nolan beating that fool until the rest of the teams joined in.
After Nolan retired I sent him a note asking him what he thought about trying to throw a Javelin. I would have liked to see him give it a shot. Never did hear back from him.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #377
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Airborneguy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Posts: 10,886
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts


Heading up there now. Going to grab some awesome BBQ for dinner and then settle in to watch an awesome game! Pics tomorrow!!
__________________
Fermentor(s):
Lagering:
Bottled: Atonement Brown Porter

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #378
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,639
Liked 2336 Times on 2245 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
After Nolan retired I sent him a note asking him what he thought about trying to throw a Javelin. I would have liked to see him give it a shot. Never did hear back from him.
haha that's funny!

Nolan is really cool guy. The big sports radio station here in Dallas has him on all the time. He is really funny. He's just a good ole country boy and has no problems making fun of himself for it. Big ole country boy or not, the man knows his baseball and he could murder the pope and this town wouldn't convict him!
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #379
WildGingerBrewing
Old and OK is good enuff
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
WildGingerBrewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
McKinney, TX
Posts: 16,639
Liked 2336 Times on 2245 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Heading up there now. Going to grab some awesome BBQ for dinner and then settle in to watch an awesome game! Pics tomorrow!!
Awesom! Enjoy.
__________________
Doritos are evil. Taco Bell is evil. Ergo, Ginger is Satan. - Shecky
I should have known the thought of Ginger's wang flopping would be enough to kill the TR. - KCBrewer
I'm getting terribly curious about Ginger's pp. - SharonaZamboni

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #380
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 26,081
Liked 6810 Times on 4025 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
haha that's funny!

Nolan is really cool guy. The big sports radio station here in Dallas has him on all the time. He is really funny. He's just a good ole country boy and has no problems making fun of himself for it. Big ole country boy or not, the man knows his baseball and he could murder the pope and this town wouldn't convict him!
But his spot on that Ace Hardware commercial is dumb.
__________________
- Andrew

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting back into baseball Cubslover General Chit Chat 16 03-07-2012 01:07 AM
Fans of baseball, even bad baseball ... shecky General Chit Chat 8 08-14-2008 02:29 AM
baseball cards BrewBrain General Chit Chat 16 07-30-2008 09:03 AM
If you like baseball, you'll LOVE X-TREME Baseball!! rdwj General Chit Chat 12 05-09-2007 08:09 PM
Baseball--AL or NL? Dude General Chit Chat 54 04-24-2007 12:11 PM


Forum Jump