Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Quick Montrachet Question

Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 AM   #1
DeadYetiBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Quick Montrachet Question

I threw away the pack before i could read it. What is the temperature range for Montrachet Yeast? I ask because i've had apfelwein fermenting for 2 weeks (going on three) and it ceased activity at the end of 2 and started clearing, when i say cease i mean there were no bubbles at all. I had it at a constant temperature of 70*F, well I upped my heater to get the temp up on another brew i just made and it rose the Apfelwein to 71* now i'm getting a bubble every couple of minutes... Is this just a phenomenon or could it have been stuck and then gave way when it went up? That's odd that 1 degree would do that.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
ayrton

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadYetiBrew
I threw away the pack before i could read it. What is the temperature range for Montrachet Yeast? I ask because i've had apfelwein fermenting for 2 weeks (going on three) and it ceased activity at the end of 2 and started clearing, when i say cease i mean there were no bubbles at all. I had it at a constant temperature of 70*F, well I upped my heater to get the temp up on another brew i just made and it rose the Apfelwein to 71* now i'm getting a bubble every couple of minutes... Is this just a phenomenon or could it have been stuck and then gave way when it went up? That's odd that 1 degree would do that.
I looked at the Montrachet packet on Saturday and didn't notice any recommendations for temperature of pitching. It only talked about storing it in a refrigerator after opening, IIRC.
Conditioning: None
Drinking: None (!)
Recently Kicked: None
Up Next: Beats me!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 301 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Red Star Montrachet Wine Yeast Ferments best between 59º and 86º F.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #4
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort
Red Star Montrachet Wine Yeast Ferments best between 59º and 86º F.
Alright thanks guys... I must have just not paid enough attention to notice the time between the bubbles.