Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Stout > Extract - Trouser Mudd Sweet Wheat Stout

Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #11
wormraper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 8

just wanted to thank you again for the GREAT recipe. I started drinking this bad boy 3 weeks after bottling. ... it was good. waited another week. it was great. waited another week or so and the thing is FREAKING PHENOMINAL. so good in fact that I have a second batch just bottled this last friday and am going to age for at least 2 months before drinking. definitely one I'm keeping in the pipeline

Old 06-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #12
btio
Recipes 

I would like to brew this recipe on Friday but I have a couple questions before I start.
Is this recipe for a full boil or a partial boil? What temperature did you ferment at? How long and at what temperature do you steep the grains?

Thanks for the replies in advance.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #13
wormraper
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by btio View Post
I would like to brew this recipe on Friday but I have a couple questions before I start.
Is this recipe for a full boil or a partial boil? What temperature did you ferment at? How long and at what temperature do you steep the grains?

Thanks for the replies in advance.
it's a partial boil.

ferment at 62-68

steep the grains for 30 minutes at 160 ish

on a side note. I'm making this again. great recipe. this time I'm just adding lactose sugar to make it into a milk wheat stout.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #14
btio
Recipes 

Thank you wormraper for the quick reply. I'm new to brewing but trying to learn. I've found that I get better tasting beer by doing full boils. If I were to do this as a full boil what would I need to change?
Thanks again.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
wormraper
Recipes 

Quote:
Thank you wormraper for the quick reply. I'm new to brewing but trying to learn. I've found that I get better tasting beer by doing full boils. If I were to do this as a full boil what would I need to change?
Thanks again.
just cut the hops to 1.5 ounces vs. 2 ounces. you'll get better hop utilization in a full boil

Old 06-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
CrookedTail
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Thanks again.
The main difference between a partial and full boil, is in a partial you should use the late extract addition method. In a full boil you can add all of it right away.

I'm glad some people enjoy this beer. I need to brew a batch of this, as it's been quite a while since I brewed it.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
wormraper
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedTail View Post
The main difference between a partial and full boil, is in a partial you should use the late extract addition method. In a full boil you can add all of it right away.

I'm glad some people enjoy this beer. I need to brew a batch of this, as it's been quite a while since I brewed it.
it's easily my most requested stout. cheap, smooth and VERY tasty. as I said in a previous post gonna brew this tomorrow but add a lb of lactose sugar to it to make it a cream o wheat stout

Old 06-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #18
CrookedTail
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post

it's easily my most requested stout. cheap, smooth and VERY tasty. as I said in a previous post gonna brew this tomorrow but add a lb of lactose sugar to it to make it a cream o wheat stout
Let me know how that turns out!

Old 06-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
wormraper
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedTail View Post
Let me know how that turns out!
will do. I accidentally f-ed up when I brewed it this morning. I got STYRIAN goldings instead of the normal Kent Goldings.... x fingers

Old 06-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
CrookedTail
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post

will do. I accidentally f-ed up when I brewed it this morning. I got STYRIAN goldings instead of the normal Kent Goldings.... x fingers
I wouldn't worry. The hops are a minor part of this beer. As long as the AAUs are similar you should be fine.