Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Lambic & Wild Brewing > Only 2 bottles of ORVAL, how do I save the dregs

Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
elproducto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Only 2 bottles of ORVAL, how do I save the dregs

ORVAL was only a limited release here, and I'm unable to get anymore than the 2 that I have.

I hear great things about using the dregs.. is there a method by which I can build up the dregs to use, similar to the way I wash yeast?

Keg 1 - German Pils
Keg 2 - Falconer's Flight IPA
Keg 3 - Chocolate Porter

Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

Just do as if you were making up a starter, boil up some dme, cool it and add the dregs of both bottles to it.

Flaming the lip of the bottle is a good idea, or spraying it with starsan.

If you don't plan on drinking both bottles in one sitting, I've been successful with sanitizing a fresh cap and re-capping the bottle, and leaving it for a few days in the fridge with about 1/4 of beer left behind. Just make sure to give it a good swirl before hand.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
elproducto
Recipes 

Thanks Revvy. So can I step it up to use in multiple batches? Or is that even worth it?

Keg 1 - German Pils
Keg 3 - Chocolate Porter

Old 03-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2874 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by elproducto View Post
Thanks Revvy. So can I step it up to use in multiple batches? Or is that even worth it?
Of course. That's how you grow your yeastbank. You could also build up enough for 1 brew then wash all that yeast and store it after. But often if I'm not brewing anytime soon, and want to harvest the yeast, I'll just build up a big starter and jar that.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
elproducto
Recipes 

Awesome.. exactly. I don't plan on brewing with it soon.. but I'd like to drink them.

Thanks!

Keg 1 - German Pils
Keg 3 - Chocolate Porter