My First Spunding Valve - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > My First Spunding Valve

Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #11
Changeduser123
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Dana Point, CA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenshaw View Post
if i get one of these for my keg to let it condition in there w/o my fridge, what would i pressure it up to before disconnecting it from the CO2 and adding this for monitoring?
Hit it with 30psi to seal the keg, then plug the valve. You should read 30psi. In the first couple days, this CO2 will go into solution, and the pressure will drop to something around 5psi. If your keg does not seal right, it might drop to 0. In that case, just hit it again with 30psi. After those couple days, the pressure will start rising due to the priming sugar. After 2 weeks or so, it stabilizes to something around 25psi.

Holiday 5 cu feet red keezer

Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #12
krenshaw
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Lancaster, PA
Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts

thanks for the help.. i have a new keg being delivered next week for my irish red.. i'll probably get another for the imperial stout i'm brewing, that may be a good idea for the stout!

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries: oxy :-(
Keg 1: Brown Ale | Keg 2: Porter | Keg 3: Belgian Wit
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
KuntyBrew

Recipes 

Aug 2010
in Da UP eh?, Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

i know this is an older thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperceau View Post
The assembly from midwest does not have an adjustable valve, that can be used to set a target pressure (useful if you want to transfer beer under pressure, or if you want to ferment under pressure without creating a bomb).
If your goal is just to monitor pressure while priming in a keg, it will be enough. I saw a post where someone added the adjustable valve to the assembly from midwest as well.
they do have one that is adjustable http://www.midwestsupplies.com/ball-...e-w-gauge.html but out of stock
Michigan Corrections

Old 09-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #14
Retrofit
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Aurora, IL
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

I've been to lazy to hunt down the parts. I'd love to buy two of these. Thanks for the tip.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
SeanGC

Recipes 

Mar 2009
Staten Island, NEW YORK
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is a variable release valve, correct? It relieve pressure when over the designated PSI, correct?

Old 09-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
muse435

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Charlotte, North Carolina
Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGC
This is a variable release valve, correct? It relieve pressure when over the designated PSI, correct?
Bingo

Starter - Onyx IPA
Primary - The Elf's' Reward
Kegged - Too Sweet Honey Ale

"Drinking cheep beer is like having sex with an ugly woman, sure it gets the job done, but your friends WILL find out!"