Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Second batch suggestions?

Old 03-09-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
ChefSpam
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Second batch suggestions?

So I finished my first brew today. It was a Brewer's Best extract kit, Weizenbier to be exact. However the clerk at my LHBS suggested a liquid yeast from White Labs (Hefeweizen Ale Yeast) instead of the dry Munich that was provided in the kit.

While that batch is doing it's thing in my primary, I want to do my homework and look for something tasty to make next. So I could use a hand from some more experienced brewers/drinkers to figure out an appropriate style/recipe/product?

I typically like lighter bodied beers, but am not opposed to ambers. As far as commercial craft brew's, I've grown to like:
UFO - White or Hefe
Troegs - Dreamweaver Wheat
Brekenridge - Agave Wheat
Southampton - Double White
Leinenkugels - Sunset Wheat
Celis - White
Boont - Amber Ale
Bell's - Amber Ale
Pyramid - Apricot

I'd like to do a few more extract kit's before I step up to more challenging brews. But I'll take any & all suggestions as future input! So if there are any kits you're aware of, or even just general directions you can point me in... I'd be greatly appreciative!

Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
birvine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm always partial to PA or IPA

B