Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My first brew is good
Old 02-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default My first brew is good

I can't say its the first time I tasted my own home brew as I tasted this batch at several points along the way including last week after 5 days in the bottle. However the bottle I had today was carbonated and was good. I'm not saying it was a gold medal winning brew but it was very good so I am pleased. I'm hoping an extra week or more to condition in the bottle will improve it further. I am going to try to wait at least one more week before trying any more but it is going to be hard now that I know its a good batch.
I have a second batch I hope to bottle this weekend and a third planned that I have all the ingredients for except the bottles. Once I empty a few more bottles that one will go in the fermenter.
The first was a Brewer's Best Red Ale kit, the second a BB Irish Stout kit. The third is an Oatmeal kit but I plan to do a small mash with some additional malt and oatmeal. I have a cooler and straining bag so that I can do larger partial mashes for future batches. Probably by that point I will borrow my dad's turkey fryer to try a full wort boil (SWMBO wants my boils out of the house any ways).
I am really enjoying this process and I'm looking forward to having a variety of my own brew available.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:31 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My first taste of home brew was from my own first batch. I was quite impressed! That was 15 years ago. I still impress my self every now and then!
Welcome to the club! Have fun! and Cheers!