The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread - Page 313 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #3121
TheDudeLebowski
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Mass
Liked 291 Times on 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterbite View Post
If those baggage handlers only knew that bag belonged to someone in first class it would have been luggage soup. NEVER put any kind of Fragile signage on checked items. If it's fragile, don't put it in there, or take sufficient packaging precations so that it is no longer fragile.

I'll tell you the problem with bubble wrap. If your bag is flagged for hand inspection, TSA is going to unwrap all of your packages and not take the same care you did to put it back together. Then they are all going to have a good laugh.
At least with the wine cases, it's a simple matter of putting the bottle back into the bottle shaped foam insert.
Thanks guys. I think my main concern was whether it was allowed. No matter now many times I tried to ship something to MA there was always a restriction. That's why I would automatically give a NH address. I think those laws have been relaxed. I think the last three times I flew I had those "TSA has been here. Let us know if we broke anything" (which they did) stuffed everywhere. So I'm on a good streak of being flagged. In the end I just won't stress. I could see them ripping apart the bubble wrap. I won't be shipping anything too expensive and I think I'd rather spend more time at Torrey Pine's Lodge or Stone Brewing than picking up packaging material. ::keeping fingers crossed::

Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #3122
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Turlock, CA
Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeLebowski View Post
Thanks guys. I think my main concern was whether it was allowed. No matter now many times I tried to ship something to MA there was always a restriction. That's why I would automatically give a NH address. I think those laws have been relaxed. I think the last three times I flew I had those "TSA has been here. Let us know if we broke anything" (which they did) stuffed everywhere. So I'm on a good streak of being flagged. In the end I just won't stress. I could see them ripping apart the bubble wrap. I won't be shipping anything too expensive and I think I'd rather spend more time at Torrey Pine's Lodge or Stone Brewing than picking up packaging material. ::keeping fingers crossed::
I don't think it was ever an issue of personal use/gifting as long as it was not being shipped by a beer/wine/spirit producer/distributor. It was a huge headache for them to ship directly to MA and stay in compliance between both states different 3 tier distribution requirements. There were ways to do it legally, but it was so much of a hassle, it wasn't worth it for all but the largest producers.

We ran into the same problem when we wanted relatives back in MA to try some of our favorite CA wines. We would have to ship it ourselves. The two states apparently came up with some sort of fix a couple years back.

Now, shipping alcohol in general is a bit of a slippery slope. USPS does not allow it, but I'm not sure if they have any actual penalties posted on their website. Being a federal insitution, personally , I wouldn't tempt fate. https://www.usps.com/ship/can-you-ship-it.htm?
As far as UPS/Fedex, it's more don't ask, don't tell. Of course, alcohol is a controlled substance, and the owner is responsible for not letting it fall into the wrong hands of those who are underage or otherwise prohibited from posession, i.e dry counties, repeat offenders, etc. There is a real liability.

Next Brew: SWMBO's choice. Probably Saison.
Primary: Janet's Brown, Mulled Chamomile Cider/Perry
Secondary: Nada
Bottle Conditioning: Nada
Bottled and Ready: Hop in the Dark, Raison Detre, Hoppy Saison

Old 09-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #3123
ComcastWineRookie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Methuen, Massachusetts
Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

I have a guy in CA that will ship me alcohol from his store, does it Fedex, ID required showing im over the age of 21, signature required. Thats how I get all my russian river products. Works well so far, any 6 bottles I want, 25 dollar shipping.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #3124
TheDudeLebowski
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Mass
Liked 291 Times on 230 Posts

Has anyone pulled Pinchflat out of the ocean yet?

Old 09-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #3125
homebeerbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Home, where the beer is, NH
Liked 106 Times on 91 Posts

Jeez, I thought that was a whale.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:10 AM   #3126
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2007
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 710 Times on 504 Posts

Hey Mutta Farkahs

Sorry to disappoint but I'm alive, and I finished Hyannis in under two hours!! It was pretty sporty on the swim, a good 3-4 foot swells along with the shore chop but like the mighty leviathan I persevered! Passed a bunch of people on the bike then watched them all pass me on the run. And if I ever meet the barstid who decided to have the final 100 yards of the run on beach sand I'm going to kill him. That was beyond cruel.

Dove up in Gloucester the next day and caught a bunch of bugs. All in all a great weekend!

Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #3127
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2007
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 710 Times on 504 Posts

BTW Rick,

Please stop drunk dialing me at midnight. It's getting tough to explain. Ive told her repeatedly but Alice doesn't get it that you are a helmet wearing, short bus riding, booger picking' retard.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #3128
homebeerbrewer

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Home, where the beer is, NH
Liked 106 Times on 91 Posts

Ok, I'll stop calling at midnight. How's 3:00?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #3129
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Pumpkin Ale is in primary.

IPA this weekend.

Its fall.

did I just write a half assed haiku?

Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #3130
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

May 2008
Norton, MA
Liked 829 Times on 657 Posts

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.