Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > 1 gallon recipe

Old 03-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
striker918
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 1 gallon recipe

Any good or easy 1 gallon wine recipes you guys can recommend? I have 3 1 gallon glass jugs i want to use. Thanks

Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Nurmey
I love making Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Jack Keller's wine site has all his recipes for 1 gallon. Lots to choose from http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #3
iadubber
Recipes 

welch's!

Old 03-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
striker918
Recipes 

Thanks nurmey. What welch's recipe do you speak of?

Old 03-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #5
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This recipe is courtesy of winethief as located in the recipe book at WinePress, http://www.winepress.us/forums/index...p-recipe-book/ and from all of the reviews I have come across, blackberry jam is probably the most used jam. I have made a gallon of boysenberry and a gallon of crabapple-quince wine following this recipe. So very easy.

Jam or Jelly Wine (1 gallon)
3 lbs jam or jelly, any flavor
1 lb granulated sugar
6-7 pints water
2 tsp acid blend
1/8 tsp tannin
1 tsp nutriend, pectic enzyme
1 Premier Cuvee wine yeast

Scoop jelly/jam into your primary fermentor. Dissolve sugar in 2 pints of boiling water, remove from heat and add 3 pints of cool water to sugar water and allow to cool, then add to primary. DO NOT POUR THE BOILING WATER DIRECTLY INTO THE JAM, be sure to mix with cool water first. Stir in enough cool water to make 1 US gallon in primary - make sure all lumps are dissolved. Stir in acid blend, tannin, nutrient and pectic enzyme. Check that the temperature is near 70 degrees, if not allow to cool. Test to confirm SG of 1.095-1.100, adjust if necessary. ALLOW TO REST 24 HOURS for pectic enzyme to go to work. Add yeast and ferment for 3-5 days. When SG reaches 1.030 transfer/siphon into glass carboy (secondary), attach bung & airlock. Leave for approx 3 weeks, SG should be at or below 1.000, transfer again. Leave for approx 2 months, transfer again this time adding 1 campden tablet. Transfer again in 2 months and again in 2 months if necessary. Bottle when clear. Can be back-sweetened at bottling by adding 1/2 tsp stabilizer and 1/4 lb sugar dissolved per gallon.