Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you guys make your labels? I have an idea for mine but I have less than zero artistic capabilities. Basically I am looking to make a characiture, sp?, of the guy I am naming my beer after. Can anyone point me in the right direction or would anyone be willing to help me out. Thank you

How do you guys make your labels? I have an idea for mine but I have less than zero artistic capabilities. Basically I am looking to make a characiture, sp?, of the guy I am naming my beer after. Can anyone point me in the right direction or would anyone be willing to help me out. Thank you

I don't want to be to Mr. Promo here. I'm really trying to keep my comments sacred to the site and craft. But... this is my label design site. Take a peek. Cheep enough I guess. I need a lot more designs to make it work. And I do have a day job! :mug:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/123476692/custom-drawn-portrait-logo-on-printed

My smoked vanilla porter:
TyNN7wY.png

and the Imperial red
rW2GtkD.png

1st one, a black lager
TphoXGI.png

Inkscape and Gimp are great tools

I have used this before. You can fine-tune the amount of detail by setting the blur radius higher or lower.

Here are a few labels I have made up for homebrew batches. I just use Powerpoint with pictures pilfered from the internet, then save them as images.

First, an IPA I did last spring.

Opening Day IPA.jpg

Our background of our label and the labels for our first bee Premier Porter and ALT'ered Consciousness. I bought paper from Northern Brewing that had glue on it just needed to be moistened but they didn't stick very well, so I used a glue stick hopefully they come off nice when the bottles are emptied. Any one have any idea or suggestions what to use for labels??

PrePortRRB.jpg

r&rALT.jpg

r&r brewing log.jpg

Here's a new one. Got the name from Jamil Z's BCS. Not the same recipe, but a cool phrase for a name.

image-3495438884.jpg

Here's a sampling of some of my labels. Some are just for ideas I haven't actually brewed yet. But hey, designing labels for brews I'm daydreaming about is a great way to waste time at work :)

image-3982751133.jpg

I've made the Dirty Dickens, the Grape Ape, and the Cranberry Apfelwein. I've got the ingredients for the Graff, and I'll be doing it as my next batch. The Circe Cyser is my fantasy brew, which is gonna take some time and cash to get the ingredients for, but I will do it... Having the label keeps motivated...

The Hefe was for a graduation party for someone earning their Doctorate. Other one is the begining sketch of the label Im doing for the Yohimbe Porter I just brewed.

AtomicDOnkeyLabel_BloodOrange_outlined.jpg

zapsketch.jpg

Just mucking around with my first label.
Major Mitchell was a famous surveyor in the area I live in. I enjoy local history so that's how I came up with the name!!!

Comments?

image-3780543700.jpg

BlackGoat said:
Cool label... I remember driving through Dunsmuir when I was a kid, beautiful area.

Oh nice. Yeah it is. Gorgeous views, endless hiking trails, right on I-5, and right below the scenic Mt. Shasta. Plus Dunsmuir has the best water on earth (at least according to their official city motto), which is a lovely addition to my brews.

I haven't done my own labels yet (mainly because I'm sick of removing labels), but I have a couple custom bottle caps:

v43spY7.jpg

wpoWwv5.jpg

do any of you guys use a particular software programme to get these results inc the correct size to fit on bottles or just MS paint?

Back