Show Us Your Label - Page 292 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > Show Us Your Label

Old 06-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #2911
Zettwoch
Recipes 

May 2013
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

My brother made it kind of as a joke and could probably make any necessary tweaks if I was super serious about actually using it for real.

Yes, both kids called it that when they were about 3. I could see where, if you didn't have kids, daddy juice would mean something totally different!

Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #2912
LoneTreeFarms
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts

in our house it's called a daddy pop.. it's definitely a parent thing. nice label

Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #2913
ViperMan
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Canonsburg, PA
Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTreeFarms View Post
in our house it's called a daddy pop.. it's definitely a parent thing. nice label
I like "daddy pop" - I'll remember that one when she starts talkin'...

Old 06-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #2914
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Atlanta, GA
Liked 276 Times on 183 Posts

I'm thirsty.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-624384769.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	130007  

People Like This 
Old 06-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #2915
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Liked 6139 Times on 3533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrisby View Post
I'm thirsty.
very nice!

Facebook: BEEr

Old 06-21-2013, 02:33 AM   #2916
sfrisby

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Atlanta, GA
Liked 276 Times on 183 Posts

I blame you! You have me thinking about Rumpkinstein and that its not to drink until the fall!

Old 06-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #2917
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Winona, Minnesota
Liked 26 Times on 11 Posts

Here's a finished Sundowner Cyser bottle. Made the wax using a 2:1 ratio of small glue sticks to broken blue crayons. Turned out really thick and shiny.

Winona Area Homebrewers
http://www.facebook.com/groups/171955402849593/

People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #2918
ViperMan
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Canonsburg, PA
Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

So looking for opinions...

I posted this label a few pages ago. I had it printed this morning and will get it on a few bottles tonight (can't wait!)

I'm almost out of the labels with this design - the lower, 3.5 x 3 label and the 3.25'ish wide neck label. I've enjoyed making these, but the neck label always ends up an afterthought, doesn't always fit in with my design, and often becomes a centering nightmare when local businesses try to print these things.

So I'm thinking about getting some 5 x 3 labels for my next batch and trying something different. I really want the extra space on the sides that some of you have used for stories, "warnings", SRM/IBU/ABV info, city/state, etc... There was just never a good place to put that info before, especially if I wanted to really make the most of the main "label". So I designed this today.

I like it, but I'm wondering if the gauge idea is a bit too big. (If I make it too much smaller, you won't be able to read the numbers)

The "ViperDen" is based on the car, not the reptile, so I thought it'd be a cool way of embelishing the "theme".

What do you folks think?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #2919
reverendj1

Recipes 

Dec 2012
Jenison, Michigan
Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperMan View Post

I posted this label a few pages ago. I had it printed this morning and will get it on a few bottles tonight (can't wait!)

I'm almost out of the labels with this design - the lower, 3.5 x 3 label and the 3.25'ish wide neck label. I've enjoyed making these, but the neck label always ends up an afterthought, doesn't always fit in with my design, and often becomes a centering nightmare when local businesses try to print these things.

So I'm thinking about getting some 5 x 3 labels for my next batch and trying something different. I really want the extra space on the sides that some of you have used for stories, "warnings", SRM/IBU/ABV info, city/state, etc... There was just never a good place to put that info before, especially if I wanted to really make the most of the main "label". So I designed this today.

I like it, but I'm wondering if the gauge idea is a bit too big. (If I make it too much smaller, you won't be able to read the numbers)

The "ViperDen" is based on the car, not the reptile, so I thought it'd be a cool way of embelishing the "theme".

What do you folks think?
I think the gauges are a really neat idea. I think they really help for non beer geeks who don't know 75 ibus from 75 hogsheads. Couldn't you just keep the font size of the gauges the same and decrease the size of the gauges themselves if you want to make them smaller?

Reason: typo

Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #2920
501irishred
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2012
Benton, Arkansas
Liked 132 Times on 105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperMan View Post

What do you folks think?
As usual, you've outdone yourself! My vote is on the larger label, but both are outstanding. Just wondering if you have some inside information - Is that a picture of an up and coming MOPAR product?