Long story short, my 1st brew blew up in a spare room. I didn't know any better and was using a 5 gallon carboy as a primary with high gravity brew.
The fermentation plugged up the airlock and finally blew it across the room.
Trub was EVERYWHERE--on the walls, door, ceiling and floor. I didn't have anything underneath and I lost about 2 gallons in the carpet!
Thankfully, there was a soldier in the room!!
There was a stuffed clown tossed in the spare room which blocked the trub from hitting my girlfriend's wardrobe.
He took it like a soldier jumping on a grenade!
I quickly rinsed him off and tossed him on the bathroom floor before rushing off to work. Here he is:
Of course, it didn't take long for my friends to start making fun of me.
About 4 hours later, my inbox lit up with a sketch a friend drew for me. Thought it would make a wonderful label!