Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Has anyone converted this?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Has anyone converted this?

Hello everyone,

I am preparing to make the jump to kegging and will thus require a kegerator.

I am going to go the mini fridge conversion route and am scouring craigslist for good deals. I think I may have found one but I cant find much information on converting this particular model. Have any of you successfully converted this make/model?

It is a sunbeam SR4505Q3B
It is stainless and 4.5 cu feet. I dont know if it has a freezer or not.

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:34 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I personally have not seen anyone or any info on someone converting this particular refrigerator. However, from the research I have done, 4.5 Cu Ft. seems to be the smallest you want to go if you want 2+ corny kegs on tap at once.

I too am still planning my kegerator, been going between a fridge and a freezer....still undecided.

Currently I throw by kegs in a big fridge in the garage, SWMBO won't let me convert that one, so I have to find another option!
Video Blog:

My WOOD Brew Stand Build

On Tap: Oktoberfest, German Hefe, Helles, Bucket Head Ale, Blue Line Barley Wine, Amber Ale.