Pranking my LHBS.. AKA bored at work - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Pranking my LHBS.. AKA bored at work

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,885
Liked 8090 Times on 5646 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt121 View Post
Unfortunately I got that one from a real post on a forum.. cant remember if it was HBT or not.
Oh, I'm pretty sure it was here at HBT.

Actually, I'm convinced that you have been reading my PMs and saw that "Tom" sent me a PM very similar to what you've posted.

But he ended it with asking me if I like blue grass music and if I was single!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #12
Frodo
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Petersburg, AK
Posts: 1,034
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt121 View Post
Unfortunately I got that one from a real post on a forum.. cant remember if it was HBT or not.
Heck that mighta been me a couple years ago then!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
rtt121
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Indian Mills, NJ
Posts: 317
Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Oh, I'm pretty sure it was here at HBT.

Actually, I'm convinced that you have been reading my PMs and saw that "Tom" sent me a PM very similar to what you've posted.

But he ended it with asking me if I like blue grass music and if I was single!
Wow.

Did you respond?

It was not me I promise.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,885
Liked 8090 Times on 5646 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt121 View Post
Wow.

Did you respond?

It was not me I promise.
Of course I responded! But not by calling the phone number he sent also.

I sent back a PM telling him how to fix his "wine", said yes I like bluegrass in small doses, and mentioned that I was very happily married. And old enough to be his mother.

He replied back something like, "Oh, if you don't want to call me, can I have YOUR number to call you?"

I won't steal your thread much longer, but trust me. I've had some very, um, unusual PMs.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
rtt121
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Indian Mills, NJ
Posts: 317
Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts


Alright.. so it turns out the suspense was more fun than the response.

He took the high road.

I would recommend using the hydrometer for consistency, to know when it is finished. They are accurate even though it is just a piece of paper in a floating glass.


Salut,




It doesn't even sound like he is interested in trying my award winning brew.



Does it stop here? Or do I respond with more questions?

I AM still bored at work

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #16
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,885
Liked 8090 Times on 5646 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt121 View Post
Alright.. so it turns out the suspense was more fun than the response.

He took the high road.

I would recommend using the hydrometer for consistency, to know when it is finished. They are accurate even though it is just a piece of paper in a floating glass.


Salut,




It doesn't even sound like he is interested in trying my award winning brew.



Does it stop here? Or do I respond with more questions?

I AM still bored at work

It's VERY funny that he wouldn't bite! That actually made me laugh.

Did you try asking him if he was single?
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #17
rtt121
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Indian Mills, NJ
Posts: 317
Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Of course I responded! But not by calling the phone number he sent also.

I sent back a PM telling him how to fix his "wine", said yes I like bluegrass in small doses, and mentioned that I was very happily married. And old enough to be his mother.

He replied back something like, "Oh, if you don't want to call me, can I have YOUR number to call you?"

I won't steal your thread much longer, but trust me. I've had some very, um, unusual PMs.
No worries.. its all fun and passes the time!

We need a thread "Sender Anonymous, Yoopers best PM's"

Sounds like I could spend some time there.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #18
theonetrueruss
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
theonetrueruss's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Woodstock, GA
Posts: 859
Liked 51 Times on 37 Posts


makes me want to convince someone to try it just to see how incredibly foul that would be.... I think I need to have a beer to wash that taste out of my mind.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #19
rtt121
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Indian Mills, NJ
Posts: 317
Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by theonetrueruss View Post
makes me want to convince someone to try it just to see how incredibly foul that would be.... I think I need to have a beer to wash that taste out of my mind.
This is more of the response I wanted from the LHBS owner.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #20
TMet
 
TMet's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Tampa Bay
Posts: 3,295
Liked 597 Times on 575 Posts


Keep sending more horrid questions from different emails? Heck, post his up! I'm sure HBT would help in flooding his inbox with retarded questions.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So bored........ Displaced MassHole General Chit Chat 10 06-07-2010 01:48 PM
Still Flu-ish, Bored Pappers_ General Chit Chat 12 11-05-2009 10:38 PM
Bored at work... jeder212 General Chit Chat 9 11-06-2008 08:59 PM
Bored at work?? Skins_Brew General Chit Chat 6 03-14-2008 03:43 PM
bored at work clayof2day General Chit Chat 10 12-15-2006 05:57 PM


Forum Jump