Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Will My Ed Worts Ferment Further?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Will My Ed Worts Ferment Further?

I needed my primary bucket to bottle some beer which was past due for bottling so I had to evacuate my ed worts apple brew to a carboy 10 days into fermenting. When I transfered into carboy SG reading was 1.03 +/-. The original SG was 1.052 to which I added a pound of corn sugar and a cup of light brown sugar. So I figure I am into the 1.060 realm OG (?).

Other considerations - I used nottingham Ale yeast and the juice did have malic acid as an added ingredient.

Does it keep fermenting or is this about it for the final gravity

Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I dont know about with the Notty you used but with Montrachet it should ferment out pretty dry, around .998 if I am remebering correctly. Hopefully someone will come along with more insight to your yeast specifically, but I dont think you have some more fermenting to do.
Primary: Nada
Primary: Ed Wort's Apfelwein
Bottled: American Wheat
Bottled: AHS Belgian White Ale
OnDeck: Something with fruit for the wife....
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
I love having breakfast for dinner. It's one time I can have beer with my breakfast without feeling like a drunk.
"From manís sweat and Godís love, beer came into the world."
ĖSaint Arnold of Metz, The patron Saint of Brewers