Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Meat Smoking, Curing and Sausage Making > brisket rub

Old 02-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
LKHA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default brisket rub

need a rub for my first brisket this week end dont want to buy one any ideas will be great

I have seem some TERRIBLE advice on here in the past few months. I may even be guilty of bad advice myself.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've used this rub plenty of times and it's incredible....

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Memphis-Rub/Detail.aspx

Another HERMS rig...

Old 02-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 35 Posts

Look around for posts about brisket (like at the bottom of this page) from a member named Sawdustguy. He's the competition-brisket-winner-guru around here AFAIK (apologies to any other competition-brisket-winner-gurus around here).
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Myrdhyn
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My favorite brisket rub is currently roughly equal parts Bad Byron's Butt Rub, Superfinely ground coffee, and brown sugar. However, if that sounds like too much of a PITA, I'd say go with very simple salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and really learn the meat/process of a brisket before playing around with "exotic" rubs. If you want to take that 'simple' and bump it up to full rub status, add in some paprika and some sort of sugar :P
Fermenting: Air, but soon to be Ode-to-Arthur and more Apfelwein.