The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say, if a ManUre does draw Poch, with their budget and his eye for talent and future potential, the rest of England (and probably Europe) is f***ed. He'll be the next Fergie for sure.

Please Soccer Gods, pair up Chelsea & Tottenham in the next round of the EFL
pray.gif

But why does Poch keep saying Liverpool and Man City are the real contenders? Getting slightly irritating. Maybe he should believe Spurs are in this thing.
Probably multiple things. Part psyops against other teams and managers, part trying not to pile pressure on the lads, part just Poch being humble, and perhaps part frustration with Levy and the probability that we sign no one in January and continue struggling with depth especially while fighting on four fronts.

Probably multiple things. Part psyops against other teams and managers, part trying not to pile pressure on the lads, part just Poch being humble, and perhaps part frustration with Levy and the probability that we sign no one in January and continue struggling with depth especially while fighting on four fronts.

Yeah, this sounds reasonable, but it’s not a great look to talk up other teams and to suggest your own team is out of the running.

What I want him to say is that when we’re on, we can beat anyone in the league and that we can definitely challenge for the title and that being in second place is not a fluke.

Then again, whatever he is doing is working, so maybe I should just be quiet...

Last edited:
Yeah, this sounds reasonable, but it’s not a great look to talk up other teams and to suggest your own team is out of the running.

What I want him to say is that when we’re on, we can beat anyone in the league and that we can definitely challenge for the title and that being in second place is not a fluke.

Then again, whatever he is doing is working, so maybe I should just be quiet...
In Poch We Trust

Someone musta played a prank and told Spurs the laws of the game were changed and it was now only a 60 min match.

Yuck.

I'm not sure what I want out of Pool/L'Arse.

Ugh. Rough day. Spurs lose what should have been a gimme at home. To top it all off had to sit there with my Liverpool fan friend who went on and on and on about how Liverpool is the greatest team ever, Klopp is the man, etc. Ugh.

Ugh. Rough day. Spurs lose what should have been a gimme at home. To top it all off had to sit there with my Liverpool fan friend who went on and on and on about how Liverpool is the greatest team ever, Klopp is the man, etc. Ugh.
Wolves are 7th for a reason. They've been strong against the top 6. Only ones to beat them have been Spurs and Liverpool.

They're one of the best recently promoted sides in recent memory. I expect barring a drop in form they'll be staying up for a few years at least.

Point is, it was far from a gimme. There really aren't gimmes in the Prem these days.

But ultimately we dominated the first half. They came on the 2nd and Spurs fell asleep. We would have won otherwise.

Wolves are 7th for a reason. They've been strong against the top 6. Only ones to beat them have been Spurs and Liverpool.

They're one of the best recently promoted sides in recent memory. I expect barring a drop in form they'll be staying up for a few years at least.

Point is, it was far from a gimme. There really aren't gimmes in the Prem these days.

But ultimately we dominated the first half. They came on the 2nd and Spurs fell asleep. We would have won otherwise.

True, Wolves are pretty good, but If I was a betting man I would have had my money on Spurs. I was counting that as a win, especially after the first goal, but you’re right, epl is tough this season..

Just what we need, the USMNT wanks to follow the one USMNT player who is both talented and not a dinosaur, and start supporting Chelski.

But I guess it's appropriate for fans with no history to support a club with no history.

Just what we need, the USMNT wanks to follow the one USMNT player who is both talented and not a dinosaur, and start supporting Chelski.

But I guess it's appropriate for fans with no history to support a club with no history.

I live here and now I’ll have to see all these dumb Chelsea jerseys everywhere atop the wide eyed newbies. For a guy who may ride the bench, no less...

what a bunch of jealous bitches - one supports a side that can't score with a pocket full of money in a New Orleans Cathouse & the other remember the days of glory past. I will laugh at all you fools when you sides fail in the end like always. I will just remain the carefree CFC fan & enjoy the ride.
shedend_twitter_zps1d0c2cc8.jpg

And Pulisic will undoubtedly have the BVB loan-back rolled into a new loan, right alongside the 50-odd other players Chelsea has bought and currently loaned out (in many cases with no intention to ever give first team minutes, I'm sure) just so that other teams can't have them.

Talk about pockets of cash in a cathouse...

Gotta admit it's nice to have another American Hero playing for Chelsea - btw Qhrumpfht, is this you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back