Originally Posted by Trollby
Working with a guy from another brew site (thanks swenocha) I am looking at making this for my wife who 3 years ago was found to have Celiac.
1/2# GF Maltodextrin (Boil 5.0 min
Lemonade 4.00 unit, Additive, 4 cans frozen Minute Maid lemonade concentrate
1/3 lb Sugar, Table (Sucrose) or Corn (dextrose)
1 Pkg Red Star Champagne Yeast
- Boil a couple cups of water with the maltodextrine and sugar to dissolve.
- Add water to sanitized fermenter.
- Add frozen concentrate (if not pulp free strain first with sanitized strainer)
- Add Sugar water to fermenter
- Top off to top of 'Q' (Mr. Beer Keg)
- Stir well, pitch yeast wait 5 min, stir-stir-stir
- seal and wait 14-21days
** Makes 2.5 Gallons **
What do you think?
Well, I think I've seen recipes for hard lemonade, hard cider, and other sorts of 'hard' fruit drinks around.
I'm assuming that someone has done this before and concluded that there's no preservative in the lemonade mix that will kill the yeast? (I know that this can sometimes be a problem when making cider). I wonder how much sugar you are getting out of the lemonade mix.
Also, are you drinking this flat, or bottling-carbing?