Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy- Round #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am thinking at least 4 sacks of grain also. can't you get hops from county malt?

Yes you can but they do not separate them into sealed 1lb mylar bags like the other places. If we had 8 orders for 1 lb each of centennial we would get a 8 pound bag of Centennial Hops. The sell in bulk for the brewers and suppliers.

@Kds - sorry bro but you ain't going to get 1 lb of Amarillo and Simcoe anywhere! There are olny a couple places that are even selling them by the ounce still.

KoedBrew said:
@Kds - sorry bro but you ain't going to get 1 lb of Amarillo and Simcoe anywhere! There are olny a couple places that are even selling them by the ounce still.

I know. Problems with last years crop for those. I had a list of hops I wanted to buy laying around.

Brewmasterswarehouse has Amarillo by the oz Though; I just made an IPA yesterday with 6oz between FWH, boil, and dry hop.

Tom, the grains you have should be mine. As a thanks for keeping them and doing both group buys, I'd like to pay for a pound of your hops when we order them.

Grains should be these:
CM-2ROW x2
TF-MOPA x1
BZ-PILS x1/2
BZ-WHT x1/2
BZ-DMUN x1/5

Those are the grains I have for you and I appreciate that kds! I believe we are going to be going with HopsDirect for the buy. We're only going to be getting pellet hops due to the shipping rates quoted to me. Whoever is interested, you may want to go to HopsDirect.com to see what varieties are available and to plan your shopping list. I will start another thread in a couple days to get things rolling with the hop buy.
Tom

I was in a rush lastnight when I postedtheabove messageand wasn't thinking. Koedbrew hooked me up with another company for hops that seemed pretty good as well. I will post up the other link and you guys let me know which you'd rather go with.
Tom

Hopsdirect.com
Bcrosbyhops.com

I received a PM from someone who did a group buy in TN from Crosby. Seems that will probably be the way to go. He will give us price breaks on different varieties if we hit a certain poundage for them. He also said shipping was very reasonable and he may have some varieties not listed on the website. I am going to email him and see if I can get a current list of what is in stock.
tom

I like the options available a Bcrosby a little better. They have the most popular hops still around (except Simcoe and Amarillo).

This is the list of what they have in stock. Get your shopping list together for when I start the actual hop buy thread. As I said, I plan to do it over the next coupole days.
Tom

Unfortunately I can't upload the file due to size. I will list all the varieties tonight

Varieties available:
DOMESTIC
Apollo
Bravo, Bullion
Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Cluster, Columbus, Crystal
Fuggle
Galena, Golding
Hallertau
Liberty
Magnum, Mt. Hood
Northern Brewer, Nugget
Perle
Saaz, Sorachi Ace, Sterling, Summit
Tettnang
Williamette

Imported
CZ Saaz
GR Hallertau MF
GR Hersbrucker
GR Magnum
GR Tettnang
UK Fuggle
UK East Kent Golding

In case I don't see the hop thread right away when you start it up, I would like a pound of each of these + a pound of whatever you wanted. I might be up for splits of varieties not listed below as well. I have cash ready to go whenever you have a grand total.

Cascade
Centennial
Columbus
UK East Kent Golding
GR Hallertau MF
Magnum (domestic)
Northern Brewer
Nugget
Willamette

Now I am a bit confused, is this the pricing from Hopsdirect or Bcrosbyhops.com? I'm not seeing Fuggle on Bcrosbyhops.com.

Also, I know it's going to be substantially chaper than local HBS, but I was wondering if we could get a price list at least for the non web listed varieties.

if this round of the grain buy is still open I'll take

1x CM-2ROW
1x CM-6ROW

If not then next time I suppose...

Mrott said:
if this round of the grain buy is still open I'll take

1x CM-2ROW
1x CM-6ROW

If not then next time I suppose...

The grain buy was completed a while ago. We were discussing an upcoming hop buy.

The grain buy was completed a while ago. We were discussing an upcoming hop buy.

Yea... i was following through some of the posts and couldn't clearly tell if it was still open or not so i figured I'd post anyway and surely enough someone would do what you just did. I already posted up on the hop buy.

Aphex- ill put you on the list for next time.
Okay guys, since i talked to Blake last about getting a quote, he ran out of the imported Saaz as well. So, there is no Saaz available at all. He wanted to know if any of you that ordered Saaz wanted to substitute with Sterling or Perle. Please let me know asap so we can get this thing done. He also said most of the hops that we have several pounds of will be coming in one large bag and need to be split up. So those of you that have vacuum sealers, I could really use you when this all comes together. On a very nice note, shipping will only be $1.10/lb! I will start sending out totals asap to everyone that did not order the Salazar. Thanks!
Tom

Tom: I quoted your post in the hop group buy thead. Looks like you accidentally posted in the old grain buy thread.

Back