Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Bourbon barrel!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:37 AM   #11
SuperBreeze
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I also own a bourbon barrel from Tuthilltown, and just filled it for the first time last week.

3gal of quad in the barrel and 1 gal in a growler

I have never used a barrel before, and was surprised by the rate of absorption/evaporation.

How long do you think your beer will be in the barrel for? I dont have an idea of how long my beer will be in the barrel for, I just plan on tasting it and bottling when I feel it is ready.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #12
aNYbrewery
a New York brewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyShamrock View Post
Tuthilltown Spirits, look them up, you can buy the barrels online. I e-mailed with a question about sanitizing the barrel (whether they had already done that) and my e-mail was forwarded to the head distiller, and he was insanely helpful. Very cool place.
Can you pass on what the distiller told you about sanitizing? I visited them a few weeks ago. Great place.

I've got a 3gl on route to my place right now and an IIPA waiting to go in it when it arrives.