I brewed a 5.5g batch of ordinary bitters on this system last night. It went REALLY well. The mash out temp was 170f (no sparge) so I didn't have that far to go for the boil. I got about 72% efficiency from a 10lb grain bill.
The most surprising thing about the boil was the lack of boil-over. I ran the element full on for the entire boil. The transition from hot to boil was slight and I was able to just skim off the hot break. I don't know if this is because the element's power is so low (2000kW). There was some residue on the element but it came off easily with a chore boy.
5.5g brew session with 120VAC power is possible with a bit of patience!