• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RIMS Brewery System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

33rdstreet

Reaction score
I am unfortunately moving and need to part with my pride and joy...

The RIMS configuration I designed uses three vessels (boil, mash and HL). The crown jewel has to be the 20 gal Blichmann Boilermaker for the mash (including false bottom). The boil and the HL tank have each a burner under them (the exact rating is unknown, but in the range of 40,000 to 60,000 BTUs).

The system uses two March pumps that are coupled with high temp tubing and quick connects. The flow configurations are endless, really. I built my own heat exchanger using a 4500 W element at 240V (I use only 120V so the wattage equals 1125W). This exchanger really does a nice job keeping the mash at an even temperature. It is controlled by a solo multicontroller. The control box has a master on/off switch, a heating element on/off, pump1 on/off and pump2 on/off. To cool off the wort from the boil kettle, I have a Shirron plate exchanger.

For the whole system, I would like $1500 (includes 2 13gal fermentors if interested).

I am willing to dissect it if you really want an individual component. PM me for individual component pricing.

Check out more pictures by clicking the link below!

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3147489021/a=1634602021_1634602021/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

O'h man...I want that bad but $$$$ is just outta reach right now. Working on it but it's not going well. <sigh>

I am even so close I can almost see it.

Back