How Could This Happen? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > How Could This Happen?

Old 02-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
ksbrain
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Mystic, CT
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Honestly I am not even sure how it started.

Maybe it was watching the last half hour of the Grammys. I saw the Rhianna and Drake duet. But I found it disturbing, I was thinking the whole time "how can she do that?" as she writhed about the stage in a flagrant display of lack of self-respect.

Somehow, though, now I find myself tuning into the pop stations on the radio on the way to and from work. I am developing opinions about the current pop songs and the people that perform them. I hate that stupid song about the guy who would kill himself every which way for some girl (apparently "Grenade" by Bruno Mars and #1 on the charts right now) but I love anything by Ke$ha!

THE PARTY DON'T START TIL I WALK IN

And I like Black and Yellow and anything by Lil Wayne/Young Money.

I'm normally a 60's-70's music person -GD, Floyd, Zeppelin, Sabbath, ELP. Maybe a bit of modern metal or 90's Rap here and there. Some jazz or classical now and then. But pop?!? Not even when I was ten years old did I like that stuff!

I'm starting to think that beer really does kill brain cells.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
jkarp
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Elizabeth, CO
Liked 44 Times on 34 Posts

Hell, I'd never even heard of Mumford and Sons but I owned their album before they even finished Maggie's Farm with Dylan.

Best performance of the evening.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #3
GreatWetNorth
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Langley / East Van, BC
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

http://whoisarcadefire.tumblr.com/

I didn't watch the Grammys, nor do I care (and I do know who Arcade Fire are) but this is my small, half-cut contribution to this thread.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #4
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4763 Times on 3215 Posts

Rhianna is very hot, but I can't stand her style of music. And she even has Nuno on guitar!!

But yeah, most of that stuff is awful. Ke$ha is a bit interesting though, for some reason.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
TMet
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Tampa Bay
Liked 597 Times on 575 Posts

I'm mostly into classic rock and metal but SWMBO loves pop. Of course, she always has control of the stereo so I end up getting songs beaten into me until I like them. There are a few Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, and Rhianna I now dig. Quite a few more that I have no clue who performs them too. Thankfully she hasn't gotten into that Beiber chick and has spared one of my monthly decisions on banning it when I'm home.